Subject: [IPP] mail failures

From: James Cloos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:36:41 -0400

I just noticed that I hadn't been getting any mail for the pwg lists for
a while.  The reason is likely also to block mail to other subscribers.

The issue is that www.pwg.org started sending mail over ipv6, but its v6
address does not have a PTR in ip6.arpa.

The linode management interface should permit whoever admins that node
to specify the PTR.  Else, linode should accept a ticket to do so.

Once that is done, if that PTR specified www.pwg.org, it would be a good
idea to add and AAAA record, too.

Alternatively, modify the postfix config on that box and set:

    smtp_address_preference = ipv4

to tell it not to send mail via ipv6.

One of the member corps (with an hellenic naming scheme) also has this
problem with their main outgoing smtp box.  I don't know where best to
report that, so that it would get addressed.  Any suggestions?)

-JimC
-- 
James Cloos <[email-masked]>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp