Subject: [IPP] IPP over HTTP Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (5 November 2013)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 16:50:40 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted another Internet-Draft of IPP over HTTP Transport Binding
and
'ipps' URI Scheme to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09-20131105.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09-20131105.pdf
 - PDF of plaintext w/ line numbers (review *this* one)

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document was created by a complete rewrite of IPP URI Scheme
[RFC3510].

This version has *major* editorial changes since the previous version - see
below.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

------------------------------------

Change History

   5 November 2013 - draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09.txt

   Global - Updated references, per IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised Abstract, section 1 Introduction, and section 8
   Acknowledgments to clarify that this document is an individual
   submission to the IETF by the IPP WG of the IEEE-ISTO PWG, per S
   Mooneswamy.

   Editorial - Revised Abstract, section 1 Introduction, and section 8
   Acknowledgments to clarify that this document does not update or
   obsolete [RFC3510], per S Mooneswamy and Tom Petch.

   Editorial - Revised section 1.1 Structure of this Document to align
   with changes below, per Tom Petch.

   Editorial - Revised section 2 Conventions Used in this Document to
   add section 2.1 Printing Terminology and to remove redundant "In this
   document" and clarify definitions, per Tom Petch.

   Editorial - Moved former Appendix B - Abbreviations Used in this
   Document to become section 2.2 Abbreviations, per Tom Petch.

   Technical - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding,
   section 5 Applicability of this Specification, and section 7 Security
   Considerations to address specific TLS/1.0 [RFC2246], TLS/1.1
   [RFC4346], and TLS/1.2 [RFC5246] requirements, per Tom Petch.

   Editorial - Moved former section 3.1 IPP over HTTP Transport Binding
   to become Appendix A - Summary of IPP URL Scheme (Informative), per
   Tom Petch.

   Technical - Revised section 4.2 Syntax of 'ipps' URI Scheme to add
   note about the retention of the (unused) "query" production for
   consistency with IPP/1.1 Encoding and Transport [RFC2910] and the
   original IPP URL Scheme [RFC3510], but warn that it has no defined
   semantics in IPP and therefore its use is unsafe for IPP Clients, per
   Tom Petch.

   Technical - Revised section 7 Security Considerations to add section
   8.1 Problem Statement, section 8.2 Attacks, and section 8.3 TLS
   Security Considerations, per Tom Petch.

   Editorial - Moved former section Appendix A - Acknowledgments to
   become section 8 Acknowledgements (in body of document) and updated
   to reflect recent comments on this document, per Tom Petch.

   Technical - Revised section 9.1 Normative References to add TLS/1.0
   [RFC2246] and TLS/1.1 [RFC4346], per Tom Petch.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp