Subject: [IPP] IPP over HTTP Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (30 March 2014)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 19:35:58 -0400

Hi,

I've just posted another Internet-Draft of IPP over HTTP Transport Binding
and
'ipps' URI Scheme to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-10-20140330.txt<about:invalid#zClosurez>
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-10-20140330.pdf<about:invalid#zClosurez>
 - PDF of plaintext w/ line numbers (review *this* one)

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document is parallel to, but does not update or obsolete, RFC 3510.

This version has *minor* editorial changes since the previous version -
based on
comments from Smith Kennedy and other HP contributors on 28 February 2014
and subsequent IPP WG review on 3 March 2014.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

------------------------------------

Change History
   30 March 2014 - draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-10.txt

   Global - Updated references, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Global - Changed "e.g." to "for example", for readability.

   Editorial - Revised section Copyright Notice, to correct year.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding, item
   2), to clarify that port 631 is ONLY inserted in the derived 'https'
   URI when an explicit port is NOT specified in the original 'ipps'
   URI, per Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.2 Syntax of 'ipps' URI Scheme, note
   about URI lengths greater than 255 octets, to change 'ought to' to
   'SHOULD', per Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.2 Syntax of 'ipps' URI Scheme, to add
   reference to section 4.3 for use of port 631, per Smith Kennedy and
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.3 Associated Port for 'ipps' URI
   Scheme, to add note about dual-use of port 631 for 'ipp' URI and
   'ipps' URI with reference to CUPS source for example of incoming
   connection handling, per Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.3 Associated Port for 'ipps' URI
   Scheme, to add note about compatibility for IPP Clients and IPP
   Printers that should accept explicit port 443 (assigned in 'https'
   URI scheme [RFC2818]) and process normally, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.6.1 Examples of 'ipps' URI for
   Printers, to add reference to section 4.2 (syntax) and section 4.3
   (port), per Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.7 Comparisons of 'ipps' URI, to add
   reference to section 4.3 (port), per Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG
   IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.1 Applicability to IPP Clients, to add
   reference to section 4.2 (syntax) and section 4.3 (port), per Smith
   Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.1 Applicability to IPP Clients, item
   d), to change 'MUST the' to 'MUST use the', per Smith Kennedy and
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.2 Applicability to IPP Printers, to add
   reference to section 4.2 (syntax) and section 4.3 (port), per Smith
   Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.2 Applicability to IPP Printers, item
   d), to change 'MUST the' to 'MUST use the', per Smith Kennedy and
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 5.2 Applicability to IPP Printers, to
   delete former item e) (listen only on port 631) which conflicted with
   existing IPP implementations (for example, listening on port 443 as
   well), per Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised section 6 IANA Considerations, to add URI for
   CUPS source, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.
   Editorial - Revised section 7.2.4 No Client Authentication for 'ipps'
   URI, to change "or or" to "or" (typo), per Smith Kennedy and
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Revised Appendix A Summary of IPP URL Scheme, item 2), to
   clarify that port 631 is ONLY inserted in the derived 'http' URI when
   an explicit port is NOT specified in the original 'ipp' URI, per
   Smith Kennedy and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp