Subject: [IPP] IETF I-D on transport port usage

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 16:50:57 -0400

Hi,

Found this afternoon by browsing of I-Ds from the active IETF WGs
top-level list:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use/

NOTE:  This document does consider reuse of the same port for both
ordinary and secure implementations of the same service.  It doesn't
take a position, except that the whole document is about conservation
of the IANA-assigned port space.

Certainly our port 631 reuse in 'ipp:' and 'ipps:' URI is allowed (and
apparently encouraged) by this I-D.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp