Subject: records now posted online

From: Pin Point Local Criminals <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 07:11:03 -0700

Classified Info In Report to Include:
=====================================
- Criminal Records - Judgements & Liens - Previous Addresses
- Phone Numbers - Social Media Accounts - Emails Addresses

For Instant background check on person of your choice

Enter Name Here: http://www.anytoysec.com/viewable/records/posted.index

>> Records Compiled from local, state and federal records <<

We hope that you found this neighborhood update useful. 
If you want to stop further updates from -Update Notice Messages
118 Kecks Lane/Ruff Dale/ Pennsylvania/ 1 5 6 7 9 or visit http://www.anytoysec.com/4sprg.sgjor

I wouldn't rely on $Host.Version, the registry is better. I'm on XP and have only PS1 installed, as shown in the registry and file system, and when I do $Host.Version I get this: Major M
  	  	
I'm voting this answer down with regret because I'm getting the same results as Bratch. I definitely only have PS1 installed (confirmed by trying to use some PS2 features), but $Host.version gives me 2,0,-1,-1.   Daniel CHmscratch that last comment. It seems that PS2 is installed, but that some features are unaccountably unavailable, and for some reason the installation directory is named '1.0'. Thanks Microsoft. @DanielCassidy - two years late to the party, but "some features are unaccountably unavailable" might be caused by only having the .Net 3.5 Compact framework installed instead of the full thersionTable is more reliable and returns $PSVersion. You can also use $PSVersionTable.PSVersion. Even if you are connected remotely to the machine running different version (invoke-command -computername myRemotePC -Credential foo {$host}), it looks like $host will just show the lowest version they agreed upon for serializing. While $PSVersionTable will show the true version. Hope it would
  help someoneSeems $host.Version isn't a good choice... If you remote to a machine running PowerShell 3, you get back 1.0, as the RemotingHost seems to be v1. Using $PSVersionTable correctly returns 3.$PSVersionTable is better: If you're using the PowerShell Inside PowerShell Server (SSH to PowerShell), it reports its own version (5.x) in $host, but $PSVersionTable reports that it's running version 2.0 of PowerShell, which is important for determining what features are available.I know it's late in the day, but $host.version is just plain wrong/unreliable. This gives you the version of the hosting executab etc) and not the version of the engine itself. The engine version ison For powershell 1.0, this variable does not exist so you can assume 1.0, obviously-1 as this doesn't answer how to determine if PowerShell is installed at all as asked in the original question. Microsoft recommends checking the registry to see which version, if any, is installed. As stated on the linked page, th
 is method is the only one guaranteed to work long-term. @Starfish The command shown launches Powershell using Command Prompt. Wouldn't the command just error out with "powershell not found" if it's not installedThis is the only real answer to this question.   mToo bad it doesn't support easy window resizing. What do you mean Console2 doesn't support easy window resizing? I've been using it ever since I found out about it from this thread 6 months ago -- never had a problem resizing any windows.   I just downloaded it and it doesn't even allow me to maximize it. Why?   dThe dev is reviewing the code for maximizing the window (it's noted in the chm help file), you can still resize from borders. I downloaded Console and it was a big fail. Couldn't easily figure out how to select text (why not just left-click?) and when I quit was treated to a cascade of Visual C++ Runtime Error! dialog boxes that forced me to hard-reboot. YMMV. I was able to sort out the text selection (hidden away und
 er Settings|HotKeys|Mouse, but I agree that this seems like it should be the default). My biggest issue with Console 2 is that I can't scroll back through my command history. Press F7 and you get a list of all the commands that you have worked with 1 for clink. my only problem was the completion style. clink alone can provide that with existing cmd.exe   1 for clink as well. Being able to use bash-like ctrl-* key combos and to run .cmd and .bat at the same time is priceless.   Note that Ctrl+C is not supported   dConEmu is just WOW! Awesome stuff. It automatically detected that I had a Mingw Git installed, as well as Cygwin. I wish I knew about this software a long time ago.As of now don't bother trying out Console2. Save your time and try ConEmu right away.If someone cannot ask how well one tool replicates the functions of another then S.O. cannot answer tool comparison questions. This is carefully worded to avoid controversy but was careless presumed "controversial" simply for loo
 king like a Unix vs Windows question. And it got a factual, objective answer, with additional factual insight into how helpful Unix scripting might be on Windows.   Why is this closed, again? Someone please edit the title to say "PowerShell vs Unix Shells on the Windows Platform" to steer the trolls away from treating it as "Windows vs Unix," which it is not. This is a perfectly constructive question - voted to reopen@x0n Title changeI agree with the other commenters that believe this is a valid question with some helpful (and very popular) aPersonally, I think the title should change to something like: Is PowerShell ready to replace my cygwin shell on Windows? It seems to me that that's the real question here - it's not really a Unix vs Windows thing or a Unix Tools Vs PowerShell Thing. At the end of the day, the real question looks at whether PowerShell is ready as a replacement to existing Linux/Unix tools on Windows. Of course, Jeffrey's comment below points out that it's not an
  either or thing in any event!   As written (particularly with the edited question), this is about a software tool commonly used by programmers, and it seems like a practical, answerable question. The op is mixing shell with tools. PowerShell has its use. But GNU is a project to bring UNIX goodies freely to other OS, including Windows. Every thing in the list op gives have a gnu implementation in Windows. Accessible from GnuWin32 or individual sites. Windows BAT isn't useless, it has redirection and pipe and conditions