Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (27 Oct 2014)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:44:55 -0400

Hi,

I've just posted another Internet-Draft of IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding
and
'ipps' URI Scheme to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-15-20141027.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-15-20141027.pdf
 - PDF of plaintext w/ line numbers (review *this* one)

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document is parallel to, but does not update or obsolete, RFC 3510.

This version has many *minor* editorial changes since the previous version
and is based on requests from S. Mooneswamy (IETF reviewer), Barry Leiba
(IETF Apps AD), and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

--------------------------------

Change History

   27 October 2014 - draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-15.txt

   Editorial - Kept "Intended Status" as "Standards Track", with AD
   sponsoring, per advice of Barry Leiba on 22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised Abstract to delete mention of submission from
   PWG, per advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014 and Barry Leiba
   on 22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised Boilerplate to reflect IETF standards-track, per
   advice of Barry Leiba on 22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised Introduction and Acknowledgments to say "This
   document has been submitted to IETF...", per advice of Barry Leiba on
   22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Replaced "this memo" with "this document", per advice of
   S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014 and Barry Leiba on 22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Replaced [RFC2818] with [RFC7230] for HTTPS and deleted
   [RFC2818] from references, per advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October
   2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 1.1 Structure of this Document to correct
   list of sections per revisions in this draft, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP
   WG review,

   Editorial - Kept section 2.2 Abbreviations to become Appendix A, as a
   compromise to request to remove entirely, per discussion with
   S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to
   delete (redundant) first paragraph, per advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13
   October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to add
   reference to [RFC7230] for 'https' URI scheme in bullet (2), per
   advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to
   delete (redundant) "reliable" qualifier of a TCP transport layer
   connection in bullet (3), per advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October
   2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to
   replace "TLS 1.2 [RFC5246], or later TLS version," with "TLS 1.2
   [RFC5246] or higher version" in bullet (4), consistent with TLS
   future-proofing in current HTTP/2.0 draft, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review, rejecting request of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to
   delete (out-of-date) reference to [RFC2910] in bullet (6), per advice
   of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to
   delete references to Security Considerations in other documents, per
   advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.1 Applicability of 'ipps' URI Scheme to
   delete references to Security Considerations in other documents, per
   advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.2 Syntax of 'ipps' URI Scheme to
   replace out-of-date reference to [RFC2911] w/ [STD66] (i.e., RFC
   3986), per advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.2 Syntax of 'ipps' URI Scheme to move
   conformance requirement out of "Note" and rewrite conformance that
   IPP Printers SHOULD NOT *generate* 'ipps' URI longer than 255 octets,
   due to known implementation bugs in many older IPP Clients, per
   advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revisions section 4.3 Associated Port for 'ipps' URI
   Scheme to move conformance requirement out of "Note", per advice of
   S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.4 and References to change "MIME type"
   or "MIME media type" to "media type" and "[MIMEREG]"to "[MEDIAREG]",
   per advice of Barry Leiba on 22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.6.1 to correct plural/singular
   confusion, per advice of Barry Leiba on 22 October 2014.

   Editorial - Deleted section 4.6.2 Examples of 'ipps' URI for Jobs,
   because IPP "job-uri" attribute will be deprecated in the future, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   Editorial - Delete section 5 Applicability of this Specification
   because it was redundant with conformance imperatives in section 4,
   per advice of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Kept IESG as change controller in (former) section 6 IANA
   Considerations (since the document remains standards-track),
   rejecting request of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised (former) section 7.3 TLS Version Requirements to
   replace "TLS 1.2 [RFC5246], or later TLS version," with "TLS 1.2
   [RFC5246] or higher version", consistent with TLS future-proofing in
   current HTTP/2.0 draft, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review, rejecting
   request of S. Mooneswamy on 13 October 2014.

   Editorial - Deleted Appendix A - Summary of IPP URL Scheme, due to
   ambiguity and for future-proofing, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp