Subject: [IPP] Posted LDAP Printer Schema (29 January 2015)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:16:31 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted a new draft of LDAP Schema for Printer Services to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-10-20150129.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-10-20150129.pdf

 - line numbered PDF of plaintext - use this version for review, please

This document *has been* submitted to the IETF I-D repository.

This document was created by revising the original LDAP Schema for
Printer Services [RFC3712].

Cheers,
- Ira

---------------------------------------

Change History

   29 January 2015 - draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-10.txt

   Editorial - Updated copyright year to 2015.

   Editorial - revised sections 4.1 printer-uri, 4.2
   printer-xri-supported, 4.7 printer-more-info, and 4.39
   printer-charge-info-uri to simply refer to [STD66] for details of URI
   syntax (and be silent about conflicting RFC 6874 for IPv6 addresses)
   per advice of Alexey Melnikov on 16 December 2014 and clarifications
   from Mike Sweet on 29 January 2015.

   Editorial - revised section 4.2 printer-xri-supported to clarify that
   the 'certificate' value refers to the IPP Client certificate
   extracted from the TLS session, per advice of Alexey Melnikov on 16
   December 2014.

   Editorial - revised section 4.3 printer-name to change "MAY" to "can"
   throughout the second Note paragraph, per advice of Alexey Melnikov
   on 16 December 2014.

   Editorial - revised section 4.13
   printer-generated-natural-language-supported to change example of
   from "fr-fr" to "fr-ca" (French as spoken in Canada) as a better
   illustration, per advice of Alexey Melnikov on 16 December 2014.

   Editorial - revised section 7 IANA Considerations to make clear which
   OIDs were already previously assigned by IBM and IANA-registered by
   RFC 3712, per advice of Nevil Brownlee on 18 December 2014.

   Editorial - revised section 12 Appendix A - Changes since RFC 3712 to
   delete erroneous change from Informational to Standards-Track.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp