Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (15 March 2015)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 22:37:03 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150315-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150315-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains a *complete* list of proposed attributes for the
Description and Status groups in the new IPP System object,
including the proposed conformance and a rationale for every
REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED attribute.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

16.1 15 March 2015
- Interim draft – changes per PWG F2F and IPP WG reviews on 4 November
2014, 17 November 2014, 19 January 2015, and 3 February 2015
- revised title to “IPP System Service”, per IPP WG review on 4 November
2014
- revised Abstract to include management and status of Services, Subunits,
and Resources and Cloud registration extensions, per IPP WG review on 4
November 2014
- revised section 1.1 Rationale for two IPP Protocol Endpoint to mention of
inclusion of original Get-Printer-Attributes that automatically selects the
implementation-defined or site-defined “default” IPP Printer object for the
convenience of existing IPP Clients, per IPP WG review on 4 November 2014
- revised section 2.2 Protocol Role Terminology to add definitions of
Infrastructure Printer and IPP Proxy from IPP Shared Infrastructure
Extensions, per IPP WG review on 3 February 2015
- revised section 2.3 Printing Terminology to delete Resource Service and
revise the definitions of Spooling Service and Streaming Service, per IPP
WG review on 4 November 2014
- revised section 2.3 Printing Terminology to add definitions of Logical
Device, Output Device, and Physical Device from IPP Shared Infrastructure
Extensions, per IPP WG review on 3 February 2015
- renamed section 2.4 from “Acronyms and Organizations” to simply
“Abbreviations”, for consistency with RFC 7472, per RFC Editor on 5 March
2015
- revised section 3.1 Rationale for the IPP System Service to add the
Resource Service functionality (objects, operations, and attributes), per
IPP WG review on 4 November 2014
- added new use case in section 3.2.4 Resource Management, per IPP WG
review on 4 November 2014
- revised section 3.4 Out-of-Scope, to delete creation/deletion of Imaging
Services, per IPP WG review on 3 February 2015
- revised section 3.5 Design Requirements, to add Resource object, per IPP
WG review on 4 November 2014
- added section 4.6 Resource Service, to add Resource object, per IPP WG
review on 4 November 2014
- revised section 5.1 Attribute Groups to define the system-attributes-tag
and resource-attributes-tag, per IPP WG review on 19 January 2015
- revised section 5.2 Operation Attributes to define system-uri and
resource-uri, per IPP WG review on 19 January 2015
- revised title of section 5.3 to System Description Attributes, per IPP WG
review on 19 January 2015
- revised section 5.3 System Description Attributes in Table 1 to raise
owner-uri from OPTIONAL to RECOMMENDED, per IPP WG review on 19 January 2015
- revised section 5.3 System Description Attributes to delete redundant
original Figure 3 and Figure 4, per IPP WG review on 19 January 2015
- revised title of section 5.4 to System Status Attributes, per IPP WG
review on 19 January 2015
- revised section 5.4 to System Status Attributes in Table 2 to delete
redundant device-uuid, per IPP WG review on 19 January 2015
- revised section 5.4 to System Status Attributes to delete redundant
original Figure 4, Figure 5, Figure 6, and Figure 7, per IPP WG review on
19 January 2015
- revised section 5.5 System Operations to delete issue about Subscription
operations, per IPP WG review on 3 February 2015
- revised section 5.5 System Operations in Table 3 to add
Create/Delete-Printer and Resource operations, per IPP WG review on 3
February 2015
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp