Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (28 April 2015)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 00:38:31 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the PWG/OP Summit meeting this Thursday:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150428-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150428-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains a *complete* list of proposed operations for the
new IPP System object, including the proposed conformance.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

28 April 2015
- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 30 March 2015

- global – replaced “IPP System Control Service” with “IPP System Service”
(but NOT in the abstract PWG equivalent), per IPP WG review

- global – replaced titlecase “Object” with lowercase “object” (except in
section title or PWG SM spec titles), per IPP WG review

- revised Abstract to change “[PWG510x.y]” document references to “(PWG
510x.y)”, consistent with IETF RFC styles and change “Cloud Imaging
services” to “Cloud Imaging Systems”, per IPP WG review

- revised section 1 Introduction to replace with expanded scope text from
Abstract, per IPP WG review

- revised section 1.1 Rationale for two IPP Protocol Endpoints to clarify
that a conforming IPP System Service supports both a URI for an IPP System
object and a *separate* URI for the implementation defined “default” IPP
Printer returned from Get-Printer-Attributes, per IPP WG review

- revised section 2.2 Protocol Role Terminology to add definitions of
Infrastructure System and Protocol Endpoint, remove the “IPP” prefix from
the definitions of Client, Infrastructure Printer, Proxy, and System terms,
and enhance the definition of Proxy, per IPP WG review

- revised section 3.1 Rationale for the IPP System Service, to replace
period “.” with semi-colon “;” in non-terminal members of both numbered
lists, per IPP WG review

- revised section 5.3 System Description Attributes in Table 1 to change
owner-uri from RECOMMENDED to CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED and owner-vcard from
OPTIONAL to  CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED for systems that support the
Set-System-Attributes and Register-System operations and added issue about
possible multi-valued ordered sets for multiple owners (whose semantics are
presently undefined in any PWG spec), per IPP WG review

- revised section 5.4 System Status Attributes in Table 2, note (7) to
delete sentence about already removed device-uuid attribute, per IPP WG
review

- revised section 5.5 System Operations to add
Create/Cancel/Renew-Resource-Subscriptions,
Create/Cancel/Renew-System-Subscriptions, Get-Notifications,
Get-Printer-Attributes (for implementation-defined “default” Printer),
RestartSystem (for restart with existing or new firmware Resource for
remediation based on health monitoring), and to divide original
StoreResource into Create-Resource and Send-Resource-Data (to correct scope
ambiguity of original PWG Resource Service operation), per IPP WG review

- added (blank placeholder) section 10.2 Conformance Requirements for
Infrastructure Systems, per IPP WG review

- revised section 11 Internationalization Considerations to add new Unicode
boilerplate from JDFMAP, per IPP WG review

- revised section 12 Security Considerations to add new Unicode boilerplate
from JDFMAP, per IPP WG review

- revised section 14.1 Normative References and section 14.2 Informative
References to add new Unicode boilerplate specs from JDFMAP, per IPP WG
review

- TODO – add various spec references, per IPP WG review
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp