Subject: [IPP] IPP Deprecation Request for Operations that Destroy Accounting Info

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 09:20:12 -0400

All,

This is a formal request to deprecate the operations that destroy accounting information.  This request is made in conformance with the IPP Registry Policy at:

    http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/ipp-registry-policy-20150302.txt

The following attributes have the side effect of destroying accounting information.   Alternatives are listed that do not have this side effect.

    Operation         Safe Alternative
    ----------------  ----------------
    Delete-Document   Cancel-Document
    Purge-Jobs        Cancel-Jobs
    Reprocess-Job     Resubmit-Job
    Restart-Job       Resubmit-Job

The following is the registry template to deprecate the operations.

[APPLE20150505-2]
    <link to this message in the IPP WG list archive>

Attributes (attribute syntax)
  Enum Value  Enum Symbolic Name                  Reference
  ----------  ----------------------------------  -----------------
operations-supported (1setOf type2 enum)          [RFC2911]
  0x000E      Restart-Job(deprecated)             [APPLE20150505-2]
  0x0012      Purge-Jobs(deprecated)              [APPLE20150505-2]
  0x002C      Reprocess-Job(deprecated)           [APPLE20150505-2]
  0x0036      Delete-Document(deprecated)         [APPLE20150505-2]

Operation Name               Reference
---------------------------  -----------------
Delete-Document(deprecated)  [APPLE20150505-2]
Purge-Jobs(deprecated)       [APPLE20150505-2]
Reprocess-Job(deprecated)    [APPLE20150505-2]
Restart-Job(deprecated)      [APPLE20150505-2]

_________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp