Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (10 August 2015)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 19:28:01 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the PWG F2F meeting tomorrow (Tuesday):

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150810-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150810-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains a *complete* list of proposed operations for the
new IPP System and Resource objects, including the proposed
conformance.  This draft also contains a *complete* list of proposed
attributes for the new IPP System and Resource objects, including
the proposed conformance.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

10 August 2015

- Interim draft – changes per PWG F2F review on 29 April 2015

- global – added working notes from PWG F2F at appropriate operations and
attributes to capture discussion and agreements

- revised Abstract and section 1 Introduction to say “support registration
of an IPP System, through its IPP Proxy, with one or more Cloud Imaging
Systems”

- revised section 1.1 Rationale for two IPP Protocol Endpoints to titlecase
“Protocol Endpoint” in first paragraph

- revised section 2.2 Protocol Role Terminology, to add “Endpoint” (whole
computing device) from IETF NEA Overview [RFC5209], clarify “Infrastructure
System”, and rewrite “Protocol Endpoint” (an application interface) based
on standard IETF usage.

- revised section 3.4 Out-of-Scope to add support for any non-IPP Cloud
Imaging System.

- revised section 5.3 System Description Attributes to delete issue about
cardinality of “owner-uri” and “owner-vcard” (they are single-valued) and
to remove Register-System operation from Table 1 Note 4

- revised section 5.5 System Operations Table 3 to replace
“Cancel-Xxx-Subscriptions” with  “Cancel-Subscriptions” and
“Renew-Xxx-Subscriptions” with “Renew-Subscriptions” and reference RFC 3995

- revised section 5.5 System Operations Table 3 to delete “Renew-Resource”,
add “Get-Subscriptions” and “Get-Subscription-Attributes, and replace
“Get-Xxx-Notifications” with “Get-Notifications” and reference RFC 3996

- revised section 5.5 System Operations Table 3 to add new
“Install-Resource” operation to activate (for use) firmware, software,
fonts, etc. after Create-Resource and Send-Resource-Data have completed

- added section 5.6 Resource Attribute Groups

- added section 5.7 Resource Operation Attributes

- added section 5.8 Resource Description Attributes and Table 4

- added section 5.9 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5

- revised sections 6.x to align with current set of operations

- added section 6.x Get-Printers in complete detail for review

- added section 7 New IPP Attributes and sections 7.x for all System and
Resource operation, description, and status attributes

- revised sections 14.x to add or update several references
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp