Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (17 January 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 11:54:20 -0500

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call tomorrow:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160117-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160117-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains all of the proposed changes from the IPP WG
reviews on 7 December 2015 and 4 January 2016 by the IPP WG.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

17 January 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG reviews on 7 December 2015 and 4
January 2016

- global – kept most redlines from previous versions for review by IPP WG

- global – revised section 6 IPP Operations to delete trailing document
references after every operation request and operation response attribute
for clarity

- global – revised section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation
Attributes to further simplify and clarify filter text

- revised section 5.4 System Operations and section 6 IPP Operations to
delete redundant and ambiguous Restart-All-Printers and Restart-One-Printer
operations (use Shutdown and Startup instead)

- revised section 6 IPP Operations to add note that all operation requests
and responses use standard operation parameters defined in [RFC2911] and
encoded in [RFC2910]

- revised section 6 IPP Operations definition of Get-Printers to add note
that it is an End User operation and does NOT require Client
authentication, but MAY be encrypted and another note that
requested-attributes is limited to the LDAP Printer Schema [RFC7612] and if
request-attributes is missing, then the System MUST only return
printer-uri-supported, uri-authentication-supported, and
uri-security-supported.

- revised section 6 IPP Operations definition of Get-Resources to add note
that it is an Administrator operation and requires Client authentication.

- revised section 6 IPP Operations definition of Get-Printers to change
operation attribute printer-service-type to ‘1setOf’ (for Get-Printers)

- revised section 6 IPP Operations definition of Startup-All-Printers and
Startup-One-Printer to remove reference to RFC 3998 Startup-Printer

- revised section 6 IPP Operations definition of Create-Printer,
Create-Resources, Get-Printers, Startup-All-Printers responses to delete
status-code  (parameter, not an attribute) and move
attributes-charset/attributes-natural-language before status-message

- revised section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation Attributes to
delete redundant printer-service-types, to change operation attribute
printer-service-type to ‘1setOf’ (for Get-Printers), and to move values to
section 7.7 System Status Attributes printer-service-type

- revised section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation Attributes to
references to Create-Resource/Send-Resource-Data when appropriate

- revised section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation Attributes
resource-k-octets to correct forward reference to section 7.7

- revised section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation Attributes
which-printers to clarify ‘all’ and ‘stopped’ and add ‘shutdown’ and
‘testing’ to harmonize with MFD Model and IETF Host Resources MIB [RFC2790]
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp