Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (28 February 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:52:46 -0500

Hi,

[posting delayed yesterday due to PWG host outage]

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call today:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160228-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160228-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains most of the proposed changes from the recent
reviews.  Still to be done is adding the member attribute definitions
for the collections in 7.2 and 7.3 (mostly Power groups).

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

16.1 28 January 2016
- Interim draft – changes per PWG F2F review on 10 February 2016
- global – kept some redlines from previous versions for review by IPP WG
- global – changed “as described in [xxx]” to “defined in [xxx]” for clarity
- global – manually changed lowercase “ system Administrator” to titlecase
“ Administrator”, lowercase “ operator” to titlecase “ Operator”, and
standalone “ user” or “ User” to titlecase “ End User”
- global – changed “specifies [a/the] list of” to simply “lists”
- global – accepted all redlines in section 7.1 System, Printer, and
Resource Operation Attributes, section 7.2 System Description Attributes,
and section 7.3 System Status Attributes up through section 7.3.13
system-health before making current changes for readability
- revised section 2.3 Printing Terminology to add definitions of
Administrator, End User, and Operator from RFC 2911bis (taken from RFC
2567) and Delivery Method, Event Notification, Notification, Owner,
Resource, and Subscription (taken from PWG 5108.01, PWG 5108.03, or RFC
3995)
- added section 3.2.5 Bootstrapping Client Access to Default Print Service
and added cross-reference to section 7.2.10 system-default-printer-uri
- revised section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation Attributes,
section 7.2 System Description Attributes, and section 7.3 System Status
Attributes to attach second sentence (semantic equivalence or analogy) to
first sentence for clarity
- revised sections 7.2.7, 7.2.8, and 7.2.9 to add “-policy” suffix to
“power-calendar”, “power-event”, and “power-timeout” collection System
Description attributes
- revised section 7.2.10 system-default-printer-uri to change syntax to
“(uri | no-value”)
- revised section 7.2.11 system-geo-location to change syntax to “(uri |
unknown)”
- revised section 14.2 Informative References to add RFC 2567
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp