Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (25 April 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 13:59:43 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the PWG F2F this week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160425-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160425-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains all of the proposed changes from the late February
reviews and one set of member attribute definitions in section 7.2.
Still to be done is adding the the rest of the member attribute definitions
for the collections in sections 7.2 and 7.3 (mostly Power groups).

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

25 April 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 29 February 2016
- global – accepted all redlines from previous versions up to end of
section 7.3
- global – changed “out-of-band value defined in [RFC2910]” to “out-of-band
value defined in [RFC2911]”
- revised section 2.3 Printing Terminology to add references for every
definition
- revised section 3.2.5 Bootstrap Client Access to Default Print Service to
use explicit IPv4 address to query the System Service listening to port 631
for the default print service URI
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attibutes Table 1 to rename
“natural-language-supported” to “generated-natural-language-supported” for
consistency with RFC 2911
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attibutes Table 1 to add
“system-current-time”
- revised section 5.3 System Status Attributes Table 2 to add
system-config-change-date-time, system-config-change-time,
system-state-change-date-time, and system-state-change-time
- revised section 5.3 System Status Attributes Table 2 to delete
“system-current-time”
- revised section 5.3 System Status Attributes Table 2 to to rename
“power-support” to “power-state-capability” and “power-transition” to
“power-state-transition” for clarity
- revised section 7.2 System Description Attribues to explicitly mention
Set-System-Attributes operation and “system-settable-attributes-supported”
- revised section 7.2.4 natural-language-configured to restrict scope to
only System-generated attribute values.
- revised section 7.2.5 to rename “natural-language-supported” to
“generated-natural-language-supported” for consistency with RFC 2911 and
restored text about a System accepting any natural language value.
- revised section 7.2.7 power-calendar-policy to define
power-calendar-policy-col and all member attributes
- revised section 7.2.10 system-default-printer-uri and section 6.2
Create-Printer to clarify that when the first Print Service is created on a
System, the System MUST set the value of “system-default-printer-uri”
- revised section 7.2.12 system-geo-location to delete trailing fragment
- revised section
- added section 7.2.18 system-owner (collection) to include
“system-owner-uri” and “system-owner-vcard” and provide extensibility for
additional System Owner metadata
- revised section 7.3 System Status Attributes to add
“system-config-change-date-time”, “system-config-change-time”,
“system-state-change-date-time”, and “system-state-change-time”
- revised section 7.3.6 to rename “power-support” to
“power-state-capability” for clarity
- revised section 7.3.7 to rename “power-transition” to
“power-state-transition” for clarity
- revised section 7.3.8 system-config-changes to clarify that the System
MUST increment the value each time an attribute value is changed with a
Set-System-Attributes operation.
- moved section 7.3.12 system-current-time to section 7.2 System
Description Attributes

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp