Subject: [IPP] [PWG5100.14] Issue #33: Note 1 / Note 2 / Note 3 for tables listing required operations or attributes should be reworded or removed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 19:32:33 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

On page 35, below table 5, there are 3 notes:

   Note 1: REQUIRED in addition to those operations defined for the IPP/2.0
   conformance level.
   Note 2: REQUIRED in addition to those operations defined for the IPP/2.0
and
   IPP/2.1 conformance levels.
   Note 3: REQUIRED in addition to those operations defined for the
IPP/2.0, IPP/2.1,
   and IPP/2.2 conformance levels

Similar notes exist below Table 6, Table 7, Table 8 and Table 9.  The
meaning of these notes is confusing and misleading.  One might for instance
interpret  Note 2 to mean that an attribute with "note 2" is only required
for IPP/2.1 printers.  In fact, all the operations and attributes that are
annotated with "note 1", "note 2", or "note 3" are required.

Either these 3 notes should be eliminated or their purpose should be more
clear.

Link: http://www.pwg.org/issues/33

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp