Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (9 May 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 06:58:58 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call today:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160509-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160509-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Further cleanups in "power-calendar-policy-col" attribute syntaxes and
descriptions.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

9 May 2016

- Interim draft – changes per PWG F2F review on 26 April 2016
- revised section 7.2.7.1 to rename “power-calendar-policy-id” to
“policy-id”
- revised section 7.2.7.2 request-power-state to delete ‘other’ (invalid)
and ‘unknown’ (out-of-band value)
- revised section 7.2.7.4 day-of-week to change syntax to “integer(1:7)”
- revised section 7.2.7.5 month to change syntax to “integer(1:12)”
- revised section 7.2.7.6 to rename “day” to “day-of-month” and correct
integer syntax
- revised section 7.2.7.7 hour and section 7.2.6.8 minute to correct
integer syntax
- revised section 7.2.7.7 hour to add note about local time zone changes
(summer time to standard time or vice versa) and the possibility that a
given hour will not occur.

8 May 2016

- Interim draft – changes per PWG F2F review on 26 April 2016
- revised section 3.2.5 Bootstrap Client Access to Default Print Service to
use “ipp://printer12.example.com/ipp/print” for discovered default Print
Service
- revised section 5 IPP System and Resource Objects and Operations to add
note about tables listing only top-level attributes and forward reference
collection member attributes in section 7
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attibutes Table 1 to add
“system-settable-attributes-supported”,
“system-strings-languages-supported”, and “system-strings-uri” and delete
“system-health”
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attibutes Table 1 to rename
“system-owner-uri” to “system-owner-col” (collection) and make it REQUIRED
and delete “system-owner-vcard”
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attibutes Table 1 to add “-col”
suffix to all power model collection attributes for consistency
- revised section 5.3 System Status Attributes Table 2 to also add “-col”
suffix to all power model collection attributes for consistency
- revised section 5.4 System Operations Table 3 to add
Get-System-Supported-Values
- revised section 6.2 Create-Printer to note that Subunits are also
associated by configured service capabilities – intent and not explicit
listing
- revised section 6 IPP Operations to add REQUIRED
Get-System-Supported-Values for newly REQUIRED Set-System-Attributes
operation
- revised section 6 IPP Operations definition of Set-System-Attributes to
include forward reference to “system-strings-languages-supported” and
“system-strings-uri” for Client localization.
- revised section 7.2 System Description Attributes to add
“system-settable-attributes-supported”,
“system-strings-languages-supported”, and “system-strings-uri”
and add “-col” suffix to all power model collection attributes for
consistency and delete “system-health”
- revised section 7.2.7 power-calendar-policy-col to change all enums to
keywords
- revised section 7.2.19 system-owner-col to changed to REQUIRED
- revised section 7.3.10 system-config-changes to clarify semantics and
state a System MUST reset to zero when a power cycle occurs (from ‘off’ to
‘on’).

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp