Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (23 June 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:45:44 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call next week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160623-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160623-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

MAJOR MILESTONE:  This version has complete definitions for all System,
Printer, and Resource attributes, except for “resource-authenticator” and
“system-totals” (both need design work)

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:
23 June 2016

- Interim draft – further updates for collection attributes
- completed all System, Printer, and Resource attribute definitions, except
for “resource-authenticator” and “system-totals” (both need design work)
- kept all redlines from 12 June 2016 version (not yet reviewed)
- revised section 5.3 System Status Attributes and Table 2 to to rename
“power-counters-col” (obscure) to “power-state-counters-col” (counts of
state transitions), rename “power-monitor-col” (obscure) to
“power-state-monitor-col” (current System power state), rename
“power-state-capability-col” (obscure) to “power-state-capabilities-col”
(set of booleans and gauges), and rename “power-state-transition-col”
(obscure) to “power-state-transitions-col” (set of valid stable/ephemeral
state transitions)
- revised section 5.6 Resource Description Attributes and Table 4 to add
“resource-owner-col” (for consistency w/ System and Printer objects)
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to delete
“resource-originating-user-name” and “resource-originating-user-uri”
(redundant with “resource-owner-col”)
- revised section 7.3 System Status Attributes to add “-col” suffix to all
power collection attributes and add all member attributes
- revised section 7.3 System Status Attributes to rename
“power-counters-col” (obscure) to “power-state-counters-col” (counts of
state transitions), rename “power-monitor-col” (obscure) to
“power-state-monitor-col” (current System power state), and rename
“power-state-capability-col” (obscure) to “power-state-capabilities-col”
(set of booleans and gauges)
- revised section 7.3.1 power-general-col to add all member attributes
- revised section 7.3.2 power-log-col to add all member attributes, except
for PowerComponentType and PowerComponentReferenceId (used for Subunits in
power model)
- revised section 7.3.3 power-meters-col to add all member attributes
- revised section 7.3.4 power-state-capabilities-col to add all member
attributes, except for CanUseInterfaces (used for Interface subunits in
power model)
- revised section 7.3.5 power-state-counters-col to add all member
attributes
- revised section 7.3.6 power-state-monitor-col to add all member attributes
- revised section 7.3.7 power-state-transitions-col to add all member
attributes
- revised section 7.3.11 system-configured-printers to add all member
attributes
- revised section 7.3.12 system-configured-resources to add all member
attributes
- revised section 7.6 Resource Description Attributes to define all group
attributes
- revised section 7.6 Resource Description Attributes to add
“resource-owner-col” (for consistency w/ System and Printer objects
- revised section 7.7 Resource Status Attributes to define all group
attributes, except for “resource-authenticator” (hash/signature for
verification of Resource data) as this needs some design discussion
- revised section 7.7 Resource Status Attributes to delete
“resource-originating-user-name” and “resource-originating-user-uri”
(redundant with “resource-owner-col”)
- TODO: Design and define “system-totals” as a *subset* of [PWG5108.06]
- TODO: Design and define “resource-authenticator”
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp