Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (18 October 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:57:07 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call this week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20161018-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20161018-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 5 October 2016 review.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

18 October 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 5 October 2016
- global – accepted all changes before section 6.1.6 Get-Printer-Attributes
(all reviewed by IPP WG)
- revised section 5.6 Resource Description Attributes to replicate note
taken from Create-Printer operation about how Printer-scope Resources are
associated with Printers
- revised section 6.1.5.1 Get-Printers Request to remove “printer-uri”
(redundant with classic Get-Printer-Attributes) since this is a new request
- revised section 6.1.5.1 Get-Printers Request to explicitly limit the
values of “requested-attributes” to those IPP Printer source attributes
listed in the table in section 4 Definition of Attribute Types in the IETF
LDAP Schema for Printer Services [RFC7612] (to limit new Get-Printers
operation to first-order discovery of appropriate Printers)
- revised section 16. Appendix A – Rationale for Design Choices to accept
all changes (to reduce editor’s annoyance)
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp