Subject: [IPP] IPP Finishings 2.1: New draft posted

From: "Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 18:33:59 +0000

Greetings,

I have just posted another new draft of IPP Finishings 2.1:

   http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings21-20161004.pdf
   http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings21-20161004.docx
   http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings21-20161004-rev.pdf
   http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippfinishings21-20161004-rev.docx

Changes include:

* In section 5.3 , enhanced definition of "job-pages-per-set" to clarify that
  the value needs to be an exact multiple of the number of pages in all
  Documents in the Job, which also clarifies the expectations of how that
  attribute value is set in the case of a multiple document Job.

* Modified the "job-constraints-supported" attribute example at the end of
  section 6.9:

  * Removed mention of "media-source"='tray-2' because the input source doesn't
    matter.

  * Added a second value to "finishings" and "finishing-template" so that the 
    example illustrates that attributes in a constraint can have more than one
    value even when the attribute itself is defined to have only one value. Also 
    called this out with an additional sentence below the example.

  * Moved open curly braces to the same line as the equal sign to reduce number 
    of lines used

* Modified the "job-resolvers-supported" attribute example at the end of section 
  6.9:

  * make the resolution either use "short-edge-feed" or to change the media 
    source to 'tray-1' (usually a manual feed input source, at least on HP
    printers) where the user might be instructed via a prompt to provide the
    needed media size and feed orientation.

  * Moved open curly braces to the same line as the equal sign to reduce number 
    of lines used

  * Removed mention of alternate stitching angles because they don't resolve the 
    problem

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless Architect - Client Software - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 05:40:28 +0000

Greetings again,

>    needed media size and feed orientation.

Now the "job-resolvers-supported" example lists 'manual' as an alternate "media-source". As it was before the end of the day, I didn't roll the release date.

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy

> On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:33 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Greetings,
>