Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (4 October 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 19:17:07 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call this week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20161004-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20161004-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 19 September 2016 review.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

4 October 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 19 September 2016
- global – accepted all changes before section 6 (all reviewed by IPP WG)
- global – removed “resource-printer-id” and “resource-printer-ids” from
sections 5, 6, and 7, thus removing interaction with “printer-resource-ids”
and rewrote Create-Printer and Create-Resource accordingly
- revised sections 4.x to change “are [long|short]-lived objects” to “are
typically [long|short]-lived objects”
- revised section 5.4 System Operations and Table 3 to add
Allocate-Printer-Resources and Deallocate-Printer-Resources
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to delete
“resource-printer-ids” and note 5
- added section 6.1.1 Allocate-Printer-Resources and section 6.1.3
Deallocate-Printer-Resources to update Resources associated with a given
Printer after Create-Printer
- revised section 6.1.2 Create-Printer to clarify choices for associating
Resources with a given Printer and refer to Resource upload defined in
[PWG5100.18].
- revised section 6.2.2 Create-Resource to clarify choices for associating
Resources with a given Printer and refer to Create-Resource-Subscription
operation.
- TODO – add status-code text to section 6 preamble and to all operations
in sections 6.x
- TODO – add back explicit full parms for every operation in section 6 per
PWG F2F review
- TODO – fix all the broken section 6.x references from the reorganization
of section 6
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp