Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [art] ABNF drafts

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 10:57:19 -0500

Hi,

FYI - New important IETF work updating ABNF.  Note the third draft
which adds support for Unicode strings in ABNF.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 6:58 AM
Subject: [art] ABNF drafts
To: IETF Apps Discuss <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello apps-discuss (and ART):

The DISPATCH chairs asked me to post here.

My co-authors (Paul Kyzivat and Chris Newman) and I have created a few
drafts to improve upon ABNF for IETF use. These are:

draft-seantek-abnf-more-core-rules-07
  Comprehensive Core Rules and References for ABNF
  ***
  This document extends the base definition of ABNF (Augmented Backus-
  Naur Form) to include a reference syntax, along with core rules that
  provide comprehensive support for certain symbols related to ASCII.

draft-seantek-constrained-abnf
  Constrained ABNF
  ***
  This document extends the base definition of ABNF (Augmented Backus-
  Naur Form) to express a rule that is constrained by another rule. If
  a rule B is constrained by rule A, then every production generated by
  rule B must also be generated by rule A. By creating subordinate
  production forms, ABNF-using specifications can formally denote the
  relationship between a general rule and specific subsets of that
  rule, while preserving ABNF's context-free nature.

draft-seantek-unicode-in-abnf-02
  Unicode in ABNF
  ***
  This experimental document adds support for Unicode strings in ABNF
  (Augmented Backus-Naur Form), and provides certain symbols related to
  Unicode code point ranges.

These drafts are being discussed on abnf-discuss@, but since that is a
fairly light mailing list, I would ask other participants to take a look
and provide any feedback on these items. They are not ready for DISPATCHing
yet, but we would like to keep them moving.

Regards,

Sean
_______________________________________________
art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp