Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (11 December 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 17:37:04 -0500

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call this week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20161211-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20161211-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 30 November 2016 IPP WG review.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

11 December 2016
- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 30 November 2016
- global – accepted all changes per complete review at last IPP WG call
- global – changed “one or more requested per-Xxx“ to “one or more per-Xxx“
- global – replaced [RFC2910] and [RFC2911] w/ [RFC8010] and [RFC2911]
- revised section 4.6 Resource Object, to add a paragraph about Resource
scope, replace left paren w/ comma, and fix broken section reference for
Figure 1
- revised section 4.6 Resource Object, section 5.10 Job Status Attributes,
and section 7.1.6 requesting-user-vcard, to change “Create-Job operation”
to “Job Creation operation”
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attributes and Table 1 to add
“system-mandatory-printer-attributes” and new note 9 and add
“resource-format-supported” and “resource-type-supported” and new note 10
- revised section 6.1.5.1 Get-Printers Request text on
“requested-attributes” to change “Client SHOULD only supply” to “Client
SHOULD supply only” and “System MUST only support” to “System MUST support”
- revised section 6.2.5 Install-Resource to add detailed definition
including signature, format, and type mandatory validation and data
recommended validation
- revised section 6.2.6 Send-Resource-Data to add detailed definition
including new “resource-signature” operation attribute
- revised section Get-Printer-Attributes Request to delete extra
“system-uri” and change “System both” to “System MUST support both”
- revised section 7.1.9 resource-ids to insert hyphen in
“Allocate-Printer-Resources”
- added section 7.1.11 resource-signature for out-of-band digital
signatures in Send-Resource-Data operations
- added section 7.2.12 resource-format-supported and section 7.2.13
resource-type-supported for Create-Resource and Send-Resource-Data
operations
- revised section 7.2.21 system-mandatory-printer-attributes to change
“This attribute MUST include” to “The System MUST include in this
attribute” and change “SHOULD include the recommended attributes” to
“SHOULD include the values”
- revised section 7.7.8 resource-state to replace Figure 1 with
higher-fidelity cropped figure taken from Mike’s PDF source image (without
the extraneous imbedded Note 1)
- revised section 7.7.13 resource-use-count to add “Note:  If the System
internal use count exceeds MAX, then the System MUST return
“resource-use-count” with a value of MAX.”
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp