Subject: [IPP] NIST SP800-160 Systems Security Engineering

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:00:30 -0500

Hi,

NIST has just published the final version of "Systems Security
Engineering — Considerations for a Multidisciplinary Approach in
the Engineering of Trustworthy Secure Systems" which is meant
to complement ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2015 "Systems and
software engineering — System life cycle processes" and provide
security-related implementation guidance.  170 pages of main
content plus 85 pages of appendices.

http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-160.pdf

In a blog post, editor Ron Ross said, “the most important
publication that I have been associated with in my two decades of
service with NIST.”

Well worth reading!

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp