Subject: [IPP] Interesting recent RFCs

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 21:41:18 -0400

Hi,

A selection of stuff interesting for PWG and IPP implementors:

8081 The "font" Top-Level Media Type. C. Lilley. February 2017. (Format:
     TXT=37428 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8081)

8085 UDP Usage Guidelines. L. Eggert, G. Fairhurst, G. Shepherd. March
     2017. (Format: TXT=145359 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC5405) (Also BCP0145)
     (Status: BEST CURRENT PRACTICE) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8085)

8089 The "file" URI Scheme. M. Kerwin. February 2017. (Format: TXT=36893
     bytes) (Updates RFC1738) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
     10.17487/RFC8089)

8094 DNS over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS). T. Reddy, D.
     Wing, P. Patil. February 2017. (Format: TXT=31130 bytes) (Status:
     EXPERIMENTAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8094)

8117 Current Hostname Practice Considered Harmful. C. Huitema, D. Thaler,
     R. Winter. March 2017. (Format: TXT=26750 bytes) (Status:
     INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8117)

8118 The application/pdf Media Type. M. Hardy, L. Masinter, D. Markovic,
     D. Johnson, M. Bailey. March 2017. (Format: TXT=24463 bytes)
     (Obsoletes RFC3778) (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8118)

8126 Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs. M.
     Cotton, B. Leiba, T. Narten. June 2017. (Format: TXT=109907 bytes)
     (Obsoletes RFC5226) (Also BCP0026) (Status: BEST CURRENT PRACTICE)
     (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8126)

8129 Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets. A. Jain, N. Kinder, N.
     McCallum. March 2017. (Format: TXT=11296 bytes) (Updates RFC4120)
     (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8129)

8133 The Security Evaluated Standardized Password-Authenticated Key
     Exchange (SESPAKE) Protocol. S. Smyshlyaev. Ed., E. Alekseev, I.
     Oshkin, V. Popov. March 2017. (Format: TXT=89986 bytes) (Status:
     INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8133)

8140 The Arte of ASCII: Or, An True and Accurate Representation of an
     Menagerie of Thynges Fabulous and Wonderful in Ye Forme of
     Character. A. Farrel. 1 April 2017. (Format: TXT=30382 bytes)
     (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8140)

8145 Signaling Trust Anchor Knowledge in DNS Security Extensions
     (DNSSEC). D. Wessels, W. Kumari, P. Hoffman. April 2017. (Format:
     TXT=27110 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8145)

8152 CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE). J. Schaad. July 2017.
     (Format: TXT=256190 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
     10.17487/RFC8152)

8170 Planning for Protocol Adoption and Subsequent Transitions. D.
     Thaler, Ed.. May 2017. (Format: TXT=55160 bytes) (Status:
     INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8170)

8174 Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words. B. Leiba.
     May 2017. (Format: TXT=6071 bytes) (Updates RFC2119) (Also BCP0014)
     (Status: BEST CURRENT PRACTICE) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8174)

8179 Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology. S. Bradner, J.
     Contreras. May 2017. (Format: TXT=65486 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC3979,
     RFC4879) (Updates RFC2026) (Also BCP0079) (Status: BEST CURRENT
     PRACTICE) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8179)

8187 Indicating Character Encoding and Language for HTTP Header Field
     Parameters. J. Reschke. September 2017. (Format: TXT=28118 bytes)
     (Obsoletes RFC5987) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
     10.17487/RFC8187)

8200 Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification. S. Deering, R.
     Hinden. July 2017. (Format: TXT=93658 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC2460)
     (Also STD0086) (Status: INTERNET STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8200)

8213 Security of Messages Exchanged between Servers and Relay Agents. B.
     Volz, Y. Pal. August 2017. (Format: TXT=17657 bytes) (Status:
     PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8213)

8215 Local-Use IPv4/IPv6 Translation Prefix. T. Anderson. August 2017.
     (Format: TXT=14846 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
     10.17487/RFC8215)

8222 Selecting Labels for Use with Conventional DNS and Other Resolution
     Systems in DNS-Based Service Discovery. A. Sullivan. September 2017.
     (Format: TXT=28735 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI:
     10.17487/RFC8222)

8229 TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec Packets. T. Pauly, S. Touati, R.
     Mantha. August 2017. (Format: TXT=56294 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED
     STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8229)

8235 Schnorr Non-interactive Zero-Knowledge Proof. F. Hao, Ed.. September
     2017. (Format: TXT=27481 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI:
     10.17487/RFC8235)

8240 Report from the Internet of Things Software Update (IoTSU) Workshop
     2016. H. Tschofenig, S. Farrell. September 2017. (Format: TXT=62562
     bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8240)

8246 HTTP Immutable Responses. P. McManus. September 2017. (Format:
     TXT=10969 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC8246)

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp