Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [dispatch] New Internet-Drafts on pEp - Privacy by Default

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:12:58 -0400

Hi,

FYI - probably of interest in both PWG and TCG specs - worth watching.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 6:26 AM
Subject: [dispatch] New Internet-Drafts on pEp - Privacy by Default
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IETF DISPATCH list <[email-masked]>

Dear SAAG WG
CC DISPATCH WG

Please be informed that we have submitted five Internet Drafts (see below)
regarding the pEp (pretty Easy privacy) approach, which aims for
opportunistic encryption of email and other messaging. The pEp technology
is aimed to be as easy as possible for the end user, so that privacy
technology will be widely implemented and used.

Overview of existing pEp Internet-Drafts:

- pEp General: Basic pEp concepts / requirements generally applicable
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-02

- pEp Email: pEp concepts specifically applied to email communication
  (automatic generation of key pairs, automatic usage of encryption,
  privacy enhancements to existing email message formats, etc.)
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-email-00
  Note: This -00 I-D is yet in a "rough" state.

- pEp Handshake: Easy process to ensure authentication of communication
  partners and channels using Trustwords.
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-handshake-00

- pEp Trustwords: IANA Registration for Trustwords in different languages.
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-trustwords-02

- pEp Privacy Rating: Definition of different Privacy States (unreliable,
  encrypted, etc.) and its mapping to a traffic light semantics
  (red, yellow, green, none) as an intuitive means for presenting the
  actual Privacy Status to the user.
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-rating-00

Note: More I-Ds are still in the pipeline, e.g. synchronization of secret
keys among different devices of the same user.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

All the best
 Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Modern Telephony Solutions and Tech Consulting for Internet Technology

_______________________________________________
dispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp