Subject: [IPP] Posted MFD Alerts draft (13 February 2019)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 20:56:53 -0500

Hi,

I've  just posted a new Prototype draft of MFD Alerts (was PWG 5105.3-2012)
with corrections per IPP WG review in January 2019 at:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20190213.docx
- Word clean version

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20190213-rev.docx
- Word source w/ redlines

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/goog_619762520>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20190213.pdf
- PDF clean version

<http://goog_619762520>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20190213-rev.pdf
- PDF w/ redlines

For status and review at PWG February 2019 Virtual F2F.

Cheers,
- Ira

-----------------------------------------------------
Change History

13 February 2019

- Prototype draft revision (Ira McDonald) – changes per IPP WG review
(January 2019).
- Global – Revised all tables to make first row (header) repeat on every
page.
- Verified section 2.3 Protocol Role Terminology normative references to
[RFC7230] – no change.
- Deleted section 3.2.3 MFDs with Web-based Fleet Management use case –
out-of-scope.
- Revised section 3.3 Exceptions to say there are no significant exceptions
and deleted corresponding Comment IM1.
- Revised section 4 SNMP Printer Model Extensions to delete Comment IM2
about exposing further Printer MIB subunits in IPP since we already decided
not to do so.
- Revised section 6.3 IPP Printer Conformance Requirements and section 6.4
IPP Client Conformance Requirements to delete item (3) about implementing
prtAlertTable since it’s out-of-scope.
- Revised section 7.1 IPP Internationalization Considerations to add
bullets to all lists and change [UTR20] (withdrawn technical report) to
[UNICODEXML] (UTR20 transitioned to W3C).
- Revised section 8.1 IPP Security Considerations to add bullets to all
lists and correct an indentation issue in one paragraph.
- Global – Revised section 10 References to change “http://www.ietf.org/rfc”
to “https://tools.ietf.org/html” and remove “.txt” suffix in order to get
HTML RFC versions w/ errata references.
- Global – Revised section 10 References to append trailing “/” to all
Unicode references, update dated versions of all Unicode references, delete
[UTR20] (withdrawn technical report) and add [UNICODEXML] (UTR20
transitioned to W3C).
- Revised section 10.1 Normative References to delete [RFC2616] but keep
[RFC7230].
- Revised section 10.2 Informative References to delete DMTF [WS-MGMT] and
OASIS [WSDM] web services management unused references – out-of-scope.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp