Subject: [IPP] Kyocera Document Solutions has reviewed the IPP Authentication Methods and has comments

From: Cihan Colakoglu via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:27:50 +0000

Hello All,
Here are my comments (Line numbers from redlined document “wd-ippauth-20190117-rev.pdf”):
Line 14:  This is a PWG Best Practice. For the definition of a "PWG Best Practice", see:
Suggestion:  This is a PWG Best Practice document. For the definition of “PWG Best Practice”, see:
Lines 158-174:  3.3.1. Authentication Failure Prevents Access  /  3.3.2. Authorization Failure Prevents Access
Suggestion:  Same as Canon and TIC: We need to differentiate user story of Authentication vs Authorization failure.
Line 195:  these cases, the Printer could still need to acquire the User's identity in order to
Suggestion:  these cases, the Printer could still need to acquire the User's identity in order to
Lines 221-222:  In the 'requesting-user-name' IPP Authentication Method [RFC8011], the Client MUST provides …
Suggestion:  In the 'requesting-user-name' IPP Authentication Method [RFC8011], the Client MUST provide provides …
Lines 235-236:  It is employed in IPP in much the same way that it is employed in conventional HTTP workflows
Suggestion:  It is employed in IPP in much the same way that it is employed as in conventional HTTP workflows…
Lines 248-249:  It is employed in IPP in much the same way that it is employed in conventional HTTP workflows
Suggestion:  It is employed in IPP in much the same way that it is employed as in conventional HTTP workflows…
Line 268:  the OAuth2 authentication scheme [RFC6749], which provides...
Question:  Is this sentence a placeholder (incomplete); meant to be completed later?
Line 269:  The OAuth2 Bearer Token [RFC6750] which provides...
Question:  Is this sentence a placeholder (incomplete); meant to be completed later?
Lines 302-304:  Provide possible technical solutions/approaches in this section. Include pros and cons …
Question:  Is this paragraph a placeholder (incomplete); meant to be completed later?

Best Regards,
Cihan Colakoglu
Kyocera Document Solutions

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp