Subject: [IPP] scanning captures needed

From: Mark DM via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 20:07:13 -0500

I have been working to replicate the functionality of the eSCL protocol for
some models of scanners.  Recently I developed new problems with WIreshark
, not to mention I have no eSCL scanner here to test with presently. If I
had either or I would be in better shape.

I was hoping  that somewhere someone might have what I need and that is
basically the exchanges between scanner and client Immediately after the
scan xml is sent . So far I am getting this far the scan is generated, I
can see it , but the Mopria Android client I am using then crashes.

As I have it working now There is a POST to /eSCL/ScanJobs then the scanner
should issue a 200 OK .

Then last I saw on Wireshark it looked like the client was sending GET to
/eSCL/ScannerStatus so I modded my code to alter the status from "Idle"
before the scan  to "Processing" during the scan then back to "Idle"???
after the scan? maybe this is where I need to put something like  "ready"
with URL?

What I was never able to see is what was happening as the image was being
scanned and prepared and once it became available.

Maybe some wireshark traces would be best if someone has some they could
send me.

I would like to be able to finish this project but am stuck, and so near
the end!

The available info on this on the web is either far beyond my comprehension
without learning a new language and customs or very thin. I know there is a
lot of info at PWG.ORG <http://pwg.org/> that is where I found the
"Processing" from "Idle" but that was sheer luck.

As I recall somewhere there may be a 201 reply needed with a link to the
file. What I read that said that though seemed to have a mix of eSCL and HP
protocols so that may have come fro the HP protocol. Once the
scansettings.xml is sent then my Mopria Client is crashing anyway, probabl
for not finding what it is looking for , or not getting the reply expected.

Thanks,

Mark
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp