Subject: [IPP] Fwd: U.S. TAG to ISO/IEC JTC1/WG12 - 3D Printing and Scanning, next meeting May 28

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 12:02:46 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: James McCabe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:55 AM
Subject: U.S. TAG to ISO/IEC JTC1/WG12 - 3D Printing and Scanning, next
meeting May 28
To: <[email-masked]>

Forwarding on behalf of Bill Ash and the U.S. TAG to JTC1/SC 12 for those
who may be interested.  Please contact Bill Ash as noted. Do not reply to
ANSI staff.

Date:

May 23, 2019

To:

INCITS Community, INCITS Executive Board, Interested Parties and
Prospective Members

Reply To:

Bill Ash <[email-masked]>

Subject:

*New TC INCITS/Digital Manufacturing (US TAG to JTC 1/WG 12 - 3D Printing
and Scanning) - Notice of May 28, 2019 Second Meeting and Call for Members*

Action:

The new Technical Committee, INCITS/Digital Manufacturing, was established
by the INCITS Executive Board to serve as the US TAG to JTC 1/WG 12 – 3D
Printing and Scanning. To join this technical committee, please see the
membership details below.

RSVPs for the meeting should be submitted to Bill Ash ([email-masked]) as
soon as possible.

------------------------------

*Background on Establishment of INCITS/Governance of Organizations –* At
the February 2019 INCITS Executive Board meeting, a new Technical
Committee, INCITS/Digital Manufacturing, was established to serve as the US
TAG to JTC 1/WG 12 on 3D Printing and Scanning.

In addition to serving as the US TAG to JTC 1/WG 12, the scope of
INCITS/Digital Manufacturing will include the development of ICT standards
specifically relevant to digitally enabling the prototyping and
manufacturing of physical objects. As necessary and when not covered
elsewhere, this will include nomenclature, frameworks, interface and
protocol specifications, and format specifications required for
facilitating the digital control of the production and supply of physical
objects including but not limited to additive and subtractive fabrication
and automated assembly and distribution.

*Second Meeting – May 28, 2019. *The organizational meeting of the
INCITS/Digital Manufacturing will be held electronically via WebEx on May
28, 2019 (12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (Eastern) / 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Pacific)).
The agenda, related documents and instructions for joining the WebEx
meeting will be distributed to organizational representatives that have
requested membership on the new committee.

*Membership* - Membership in INCITS is open to all directly and materially
affected parties who return a signed INCITS Membership Agreement and pay
the applicable service fees. To comply with ANSI requirements, while all
parties may participate in the discussion, only those organizations that
are US National Interested Parties in the US may vote to establish a US
position on TAG matters. A US National Interested Party is one of the
following entities directly and materially affected by the relevant
standards activity:

   - an individual representing a corporation, or an organization domiciled
   in the US (including US branch offices of foreign companies authorized to
   do business in one or more states as defined by the relevant US State’s
   Corporation law);
   - an individual representing a US federal, state or local government
   entity; or
   - a US citizen or permanent resident.

*Important*: All organizations that request voting membership using the
online application (https://standards.incits.org/kcpm/signup), return a
signed copy of the INCITS membership Agreement
<https://standards.incits.org/apps/group_public/document.php?document_id=63271&wg_abbrev=eb>
to [email-masked] and attend the first or the second
meeting will attain voting rights immediately. Advisory members must also
submit a membership application via the online membership form and return a
signed INCITS Membership Agreement. Others in attendance will be recorded
as guests.

The committee will operate under the ANSI-accredited procedures for the
InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS);
(see INCITS
Organization, Policies and Procedures <http://www.incits.org/policies>).
Additional information can also be found at http://www.INCITS.org and
http://www.incits.org/participation/membership-info.

*Scope of JTC 1/WG 12 on 3D Printing and Scanning* – JTC 1/WG 12 was
established with the following terms of reference:

   1. *Serve as a focus of and proponent for JTC 1’s standardization
   program on 3D Printing and Scanning.*
   2. *Develop ICT related foundational standards for 3D Printing and
   Scanning upon which other standards can be developed.*
   3. *Develop other 3D Printing and Scanning standards that are built upon
   the foundational standards when relevant ISO and IEC committees that could
   address these standards do not exist or are unable to develop them.*
   4. *Identify gaps and opportunities in 3D Printing and Scanning
   standardization.*
   5. *Develop and maintain liaisons with all relevant ISO and IEC
   committees as well as with external organizations that have interests in 3D
   Printing and Scanning.*
   6. *Engage with 3D Printing and Scanning communities to raise awareness
   of JTC 1 standardization efforts and provide an open platform for
   discussion and further cooperation.*
   7. *Develop and maintain a list of existing 3D Printing and Scanning
   standards produced and standards development projects underway in ISO TCs,
   IEC TCs and JTC 1.*

JTC 1/WG 12 has the following approved project:

   - ISO/IEC WD 23510 - Information technology - 3D Printing and Scanning -
   Framework for Additive Manufacturing Service Platform (AMSP)

JTC 1/WG 12 currently has two ad hoc groups:

   - *Ad Hoc Group 1 on 4D Printing* with the following Terms of Reference:

   - Provide a description of key concepts and terminology related to 4D
      Printing.
      - Study and document the technological, market and related societal
      requirements for ICT standardization on 4D Printing.
      - Study and document current technologies that are being deployed to
      enable 4D Printing.
      - Assess the current state of standardization activities relevant to
      4D Printing in other relevant ISO and IEC TCs, in other SDOs and in
      consortia.
      - Identify and propose how JTC 1 could address ICT standardization
      needs of 4D Printing.
      - Provide a progress report to the 3rd F2F WG 12 meeting including
      recommendations for further study and/or potential NWIPs.

   - *Ad Hoc Group 2 on Overview and Vocabulary* with the following Terms
   of Reference:

   - Aggregation of a definition of terminology related to 3D printing and
      scanning
      - Document overview and use case in various industry area

Regards-

Bill Ash

Director, International, INCITS

202-524-4380 | [email-masked] | www.INCITS.org <http://www.incits.org/>

 <http://www.incits.org/>

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/international-committee-for-information-technology-standards/?viewAsMember=true>

 <https://twitter.com/INCITS>

<https://www.facebook.com/InterNational-Committee-for-Information-Technology-Standards-INCITS-179060988835152/>

########################################################################
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp