Subject: [IPP] IPP Workgroup Last Call: IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certification Tools v1.0 Update 5 and v1.1 Update 1

From: Michael Sweet via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 10:53:36 -0400

All,

I have posted updated IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certification Tools with fixes for the following issues:

- Fixed support for the `-m` option of the `ippevesubmit` command.
- Made output JSON from the `ippevesubmit` command pass as standalone JSON.
- Fixed Windows TLS client support.
- Increased the timeout for the browse tests to 5 seconds.

The last two changes were specifically made to resolve issues I discovered while testing on a generic Windows 10 laptop with recent OS updates installed.  Apparently there are some changes to the Windows Secure Channel software that broke our Windows TLS client support, and I also noticed sporadic browse test failures that seemed to be caused by random network delays.

v1.0 Update 5:

    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert10-20200617-macos.zip
    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert10-20200617-rhel.tar.gz
    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert10-20200617-ubuntu.tar.gz
    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert10-20200617-windows.msi

v1.1 Update 1:

    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert11-20200617-macos.zip
    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert11-20200617-rhel.tar.gz
    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert11-20200617-ubuntu.tar.gz
    https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/sw-ippeveselfcert11-20200617-windows.msi

Instructions for running these tools can be found here:

    https://www.pwg.org/ippeveselfcert

NOTE: In the interests of making this a successful release of the tools, we MUST get a report from at least *two* (2) members that they have run the tools against one or more of their products.  What is important is that the tools run on your (supported) operating system of choice and that they correctly report whether your printer passes the tests.  It is totally OK (from my perspective :) if your printer fails any of the tests, what is important is that the test tools work properly.

Please report your success or failure with the tools ASAP - you can email me personally if you don't want to "reply all" to this message, and I will anonymize such responses accordingly.

Once I have received enough responses and the IPP WG approves the results of testing, we will make these the new official tools for 1.0 and 1.1.

Thank you!

________________________
Michael Sweet

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp