Subject: [Ips] Data-In ExpDataSN

From: yushang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:30:46 +0800

Dear all , RFC 3720 says that Data-In/R2T PDU number is acknowledged by
ExpDataSN filed of SCSI Response . But if a target choose to send a Data-In
PDU with S bit set instead of a SCSI Response . Where to get the ExpDataSN ?
There is no such a field in Data-In PDU. Many thanks.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:43:44 -0400

> RFC 3720 says that Data-In/R2T PDU number is acknowledged by ExpDataSN
filed of SCSI Response 
 
Where?  Section 3.2.2.3 says:
    Data and R2T PDUs are implicitly acknowledged by status for the
command.

> But if a target choose to send a Data-In PDU with S bit set instead of
a SCSI Response .
> Where to get the ExpDataSN ? There is no such a field in Data-In PDU.

Not by that name, but the information is present.  The ExpDataSN
field in the SCSI Response PDU is "The number of R2T and Data-In
(read) PDUs the target has sent for the command."  That number can
be obtained from a Data-In PDU whose S bit is set to 1 by adding 1
to the value of that PDU's DataSN field.

Thanks,
--David

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of yushang
	Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:31 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Ips] Data-In ExpDataSN

	Dear all , RFC 3720 says that Data-In/R2T PDU number is
acknowledged by ExpDataSN filed of SCSI Response . But if a target
choose to send a Data-In PDU with S bit set instead of a SCSI Response .
Where to get the ExpDataSN ? There is no such a field in Data-In PDU.
Many thanks.