Subject: SPD-MIB MAX-ACCESS question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:33:09 +0200

dear SPD-MIB authors,

my question is related to the IPSec conf MIB recently splitted into 3 
modules. more precisely, it deals with the spdIpHeaderFilter table in 
the SPD MIB. we re-use it in draft-ietf-pana-snmp-00.txt for filtering 
purposes.

we noticed the spdIpHeaderFilter table has a MAX-ACCESS =
"not-accesible". then how to create such a filter row ? for example like 
in the example quoted from the SPD-MIB draft below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.1.2 Implementing an example SPD policy

    For our example, let us define and apply the following policy for all
    incoming traffic on a network interface:

    o  Drop all packets from the host 10.6.6.6.

    o  Accept all other packets.

    To do this, let us call the set of rules (as a group) "incoming" and
    apply them to the incoming traffic for the interface associated with
    the IPv4 address "10.0.0.1".  For these rules, let us apply a policy
    that accepts all traffic except for packets that arrive from a host
    with an IPv4 address of "10.6.6.6".  To achieve this policy, we would
    follow these steps:

    First, we need to create the rules to institute this policy.  To
    accomplish this, first we have to create the filter for the host.  We
    could do this using the following row insertion into the
    spdIpHeaderFilterTable table:

    SpdIpHeaderFilterEntry(spdIpHeadFiltName = "10.6.6.6")
          = (spdIpHeadFiltType            = 0x80,        -- sourceAddress
             spdIpHeadFiltIPVersion       = 1,           -- IPv4
             spdIpHeadFiltSrcAddressBegin = 0x0a060606,
             spdIpHeadFiltSrcAddressEnd   = 0x0a060606,
             spdIpHeadFiltRowStatus       = 5)           -- createAndGo
------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you elaborate on this ?

thanks in advance,
yacine

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PANA and SNMP doubt
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:50:29 +0200
From: Rafael Marin Lopez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hello Yacine... I have a doubt draft SNMP usage for PAA-2-EP interface

I am reading it and  in page 12 says:

"For Ipv4/v6 address-based filters provisioning, the IPSec SPD-MIB
      provides means to filter the traffic based on the IP header
      information. SPD-MIB "spdIpHeaderFilter" table provides such
      facilities: one can define the various tests that are used when
      evaluating a given IP packet. The various tests definable in this
      table are as follows:"

I have taken a look SPD-MIB and this table has a MAX-ACCESS =
not-accesible ... then how could you add this tests text explains?

Regards..

-- 
------------------------------------------------------
Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968367645    e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Robert Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:25:01 -0400

On Mon, 24 May 2004 10:33:09 +0200 [email-masked] wrote:
YEF> we noticed the spdIpHeaderFilter table has a MAX-ACCESS =
YEF> "not-accesible". then how to create such a filter row ?

All Table OIDs are not-accessible, as are the corresponding Entry OIDs. You
can't manipulate (SNMPGET/SNMPSET) a Table or Entry, you must manipulate the
columns. The columns in the spdIpHeaderFilter are read-create.

-- 
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
<irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>   <http://www.net-snmp.org/>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.