Subject: [IPTEL] Query regarding application of TRIP

From: vipin gahlaut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:04:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Everybody

    I am not very much clear about the application of
TRIP,as in case of H323 and and SIP messages are
exchanged from one IP to other IP. The route between
these 2 IP can be selected by router already placed.
why we need to implement TRIP??

    I will be highly obliged if somebody clears my
doubt.

Thanks & Best Regards
Vipin

____________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send a newsletter, share photos & files, conduct polls, organize chat events. Visit http://in.groups.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:03:41 -0500

> why we need to implement TRIP??

Routing occurs at many layers. TRIP is concerned about exchange of 
application layer routing information for VOIP signaling between service 
provider domains.

You should read http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2871.txt.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com