Subject: Re: [IPTEL] carrier codes in draft-rs-trip-gw-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:06:25 EDT

Sounds plauseable...

but would everyone's RouteServ need to "Dip" (as in SP ~> STP ~> SCP SS7 
relationships) from IANA, or a similar entity for that data, or would 
everyone's RouteServ export the data to IANA??

Also if everyone doesnt particularly want to route their traffic based on 
CC/CIC's currently used by the ITU, this becomes a non-issue, since all 
similar carrier class routing can be accomplished via ITAD identies, or other 
route criteria (QoS, LCR, Destination address, etc.) correct?

-Darby

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:15:28 -0400

I don't think any of this is our problem. The TRIP-gw spec only needs to
be carry the information. Its not our job to fix the fact that there is
no one central place to obtain the codes right now.

-Jonathan R.

[email-masked] wrote:
> Also if everyone doesnt particularly want to route their traffic based
> on CC/CIC's currently used by the ITU, this becomes a non-issue, since
> all similar carrier class routing can be accomplished via ITAD identies,
> or other route criteria (QoS, LCR, Destination address, etc.) correct?
> 
> -Darby

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel