Subject: Re: [IPTEL] carrier codes in draft-rs-trip-gw-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:49:50 EDT

I dont know what global siginifcance this would put on the TRIP protocol, but 
I thought of this as a 'Just for giggles' idea since were on the subject...   
:/

in relation to CIC/CC mapping (If someone were to attempt to unify dialing 
plans of the rest of the world, with their own), couldent there be some type 
of an addendum to the regestry that IANA keeps, where they could cross 
reference CIC codes with CC codes, and see what ITAD identity owns (or takes 
partial responcibility at least)them (Relational / Manageable database, can 
be queried on whatever criteria sepcified) or course, this would be 
implicitly for carriers that transport and/or terminate their own CIC's

or would this be out of scope?
-Darby

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:56:20 -0400

What if, instead of treating this like a registry issue, the
TRIP databases would do a little data-mining and eventually extract the
relevant prefix information from the gateway entries.  Wouldn't this
naturally fall out of data aggregation?

Mike

At 10:49 PM 4/12/2002 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:

I dont know
what global siginifcance this would put on the TRIP protocol, but I
thought of this as a 'Just for giggles' idea since were on the
subject...   :/

in relation to CIC/CC mapping (If someone were to attempt to unify
dialing plans of the rest of the world, with their own), couldent there
be some type of an addendum to the regestry that IANA keeps, where they
could cross reference CIC codes with CC codes, and see what ITAD identity
owns (or takes partial responcibility at least)them (Relational /
Manageable database, can be queried on whatever criteria sepcified) or
course, this would be implicitly for carriers that transport and/or
terminate their own CIC's

-Darby

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel