Subject: [Iptel] New version of 'XML Schema for CPL' draft

From: Xiaotao Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:14:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi, all,

The draft provides XML schema definition for CPL. You can find the draft
at: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-cpl-schema-02.txt

The following is the abstract of the draft and the changes from previous
draft.

Abstract

   This document provides an Extensible Markup Language (XML) Schema for
   the Call Processing Language (CPL). The original CPL specification
   only provides a Document Type Declaration (DTD) to describe the
   structure of the language. Compared with XML DTDs, XML schemas have
   many advantages such as performing stricter type checking, providing
   pre-defined data types and being able to derive new data types from
   existing ones.  We further split the CPL schema into two parts, one
   contains elements common to all the telecommunication entities, such
   as user agents or presence agents. The other contains elements, such
   as 'proxy', specifically for network servers.

5.1 Changes from Draft -01

   o  Split the original CPL schema into two parts. One is the base schema
      with common elements applicable to all the entities, such as user
      agents or presence agents. The other is the schema specifically for
      network servers, such as proxy or redirect servers.
   o  Add three abstract elements, namely trigger, switch and action.
      Trigger is mapped to the top-level call processing action in the
      original CPL standard. All the new triggers MUST be the
      substitutionGroup of the abstract trigger element. Switch and action
      are the same as those defined in the original CPL standard. All the
      new switches MUST be the substitutionGroup of the abstract switch
      element. All the new actions MUST be the substitutionGroup of the
      abstract action element.
   o  Add IANA considerations for URN Sub-Namespace registration.
   o  Remove useless type CommaDelimiterType.
   o  Separate normal and informal references.

Thanks!

-Xiaotao

==========================================================
Name      : Xiaotao Wu
Email     : [email-masked], [email-masked]
Homepage  : http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~xiaotaow
Phone     : (212)939-7054,  Fax: (801)751-0217
Phone-PC  : (212)939-7133
SIP       : sip:[email-masked]
Office    : Room 506, Mudd building, West 120th
==========================================================

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel