Subject: [Iptel] tel-np-02 comments

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:41:14 -0800

Few little NIT like comments on the draft.... If you want help moving it to
xml2rfc after IETF to help with formatting, I would be glad to do that.

Section 5.2.3 seems a little vague. Do you mean that the rn can be
overloaded with the switch id when the rn occurs in a SIP From header? What
about P-Asserted-Identity?

Examples should have invalid phone number such as 555-1212. CIC should also
be invalid.

Should discuss when comparing things that all visual-separators are removed.

Looks like some formatting issues and has some special characters in it.

Move to new boiler plate.

ID Nits says 

idnits 1.34 (28 Jul 2004)

draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-02.txt:

  Looks like you're using RFC 2026 boilerplate. Better change to RFC
3667/3668.
  The document seems to add a numbered reference to RFC 2026 to the
boilerplate 
  There are 114 instances of too long lines in the document,
  -- the longest one being 3 characters in excess of 72.
  There are 13 instances of lines with non-ascii characters in the document.

  Warnings:
    The document seems to lack an RFC 2026 Section 10.4(A) Disclaimer
    The document seems to lack an RFC 2026 Section 10.4(B) IPR Disclosure
Invitation
    There are 5 instances of lines with hyphenated line breaks in the
document. 

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: "Yu, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:18:41 -0500

Cullen,

Thanks for the comments.

Please see the responses inline.

I'll send you a revised (temp) I-D in a separate e-mail to see if the
additions are OK.   

James

------ Forwarded Message
From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:41:14 -0800
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: tel-np-02 comments

[YU]  Yes, please help.

[YU] The I-D focuses on the tel URI so it does not discuss how the signaling
protocol such as SIP carries the tel URI.  The "rn" goes with the phone
number.  For a caller, it can be used to indicate the originating
switch/caller location.   "From" header is a place so is any header that can
carry the tel URI.   If a GW is using the JIP to formulate the tel URI, then
the location of the caller is asserted and P-Asserted-Identity can include
the "rn" in the tel URI.  I guess that SIP signaling procedures need to
define how to formulate the tel URI in various headers.

[YU]  Added cases E, F and G in Section 6.

[YU] Added two paragraphs before Section 5.1 about visual-separators and
about invalid "rn" and "cic" processing.
Looks like some formatting issues and has some special characters in it.

[YU] Please help.

ID Nits says 

[YU] Please indicated which ones must be converted to shorter sentences.

[YU]  Please identify specific locations for non-ascii characters.

  Warnings:

[YU] Please help to insert when using the new boiler plate.

[YU]  Please identify specific locations for non-ascii characters.

------ End of Forwarded Message