Subject: RE: [Isms] Evaluation process?

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:41:20 -0500

Juergen and Ken,

> I think we are still fine if we have a recommendation from 
> the evaluation
> team before Christmas.  

Do you still think we are fine?

> This will be late but still in time 
> to agree or
> disagree on the recommendation on the mailing list 

Do you still feel we will have adequate time to agree or disagree on
the mailing list before the next meeting in March?

> and, in 
> case of agreement,
> to discuss a new charter before the next meeting in March.

Do you still feel we will have adequate time to discuss a new charter
before the next meeting in March?

David Harrington
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:09:35 +0100

David,

> Do you still think we are fine?

Yes, I do.

However, we need to make progress this month.

> the mailing list before the next meeting in March?

Yes.

Assuming a draft available on Feb 14, we will have three weeks on
the list before the meeting.  If there is no consensus, we will use
the meeting for exchanging our arguments one last time in a
face-to-face manner.

Then we will either select a proposal or decide to close the WG.

> before the next meeting in March?

I see our main challenge in reaching consensus on the solution to
focus on.  If we achieve this milestone in time, we won't fail on
the charter discussion.

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]       Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de

---

From: "Martin Soukup" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:40:50 -0500

> Then we will either select a proposal or decide to close the WG.

Closing the WG would be a real shame. Is there no way to build consensus
outside of the evaluation process to such a minimize risk?

Martin.

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:37:41 -0500

First off, let me offer my apologies to everyone for not being more
responsive.  The holidays combined with me getting sick really sucked up
my available time.  But enough excuses.

>Do you still think we are fine?

"Yes" .... but actually, I think to be fine, I'd rather see a recommendation
by the end of January rather than the I-D cutoff date.

>[...]
>[...]

Yes to both, if we make some serious progress on the evaluation.

There was some talk of scheduling a phone conference between the evaluation
team members; I will try to make that happen ASAP.

--Ken