Subject: [Isms] sshtm: error counters for OpenSession()

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:02:30 +0200

Hi,

comments based on draft-ietf-isms-secshell-07.txt:

There is some inconsistency concerning error handling in OpenSession().
I suggest we distinguish the following error situations

  sshtmConnectFailures
  sshtmServerAuthFailures
  sshtmUserAuthFailures
  sshtmChannelFailures

in the EOP of the OpenSession() interface. (Right now, the EOP
sometimes use a generic sshtmSessionOpenErrors, an undefined
"unknownSecurityNames" error, or errors are just ignored and not
handled. Note that this also implies updates in the MIB module.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms