Subject: [Isms] SNMP-SSH-TM-MIB session info

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:50:49 -0400

Hi,

SNMP does not have sessions; the only sessions are sessions of the
transport protocol. This module counts sessions. We have no way of
knowing whether, for example, SSH chooses to close a session without
telling us. We can only count how many times we called openSession,
and how many times we called closeSession ASIs. We do not know how
many  sessions the SSH implementation can handle, or how many SSH
sessions are currently open.  I think we should eliminate the
sshtmSessionCurrent and sshtmSessionMaxSupported objects. 

If people want this information, they should request that the SecSH WG
write a MIB module for managing SSH sessions.

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:38:04 -0400

> write a MIB module for managing SSH sessions.

Well, the secsh WG no longer exists, so that's not going to happen.
However, I agree that capabilities of the SSH implementation are unlikely 
to be known to the SSH-TM implementation and don't belong here.

-- Jeff