Subject: [Isms] RFC 5590 on Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5590

        Title:      Transport Subsystem for the Simple 
                    Network Management Protocol (SNMP) 
        Author:     D. Harrington, J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 84513
        Updates:    RFC3411, RFC3412, RFC3414, RFC3417

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5590.txt

This document defines a Transport Subsystem, extending the Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP) architecture defined in RFC 3411.
This document defines a subsystem to contain Transport Models that is
comparable to other subsystems in the RFC 3411 architecture.  As work
is being done to expand the transports to include secure transports,
such as the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol and Transport Layer Security
(TLS), using a subsystem will enable consistent design and modularity
of such Transport Models.  This document identifies and describes
some key aspects that need to be considered for any Transport Model
for SNMP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute