Subject: [Isms] RFC editor note for RFC 5953

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 11:21:21 -0400

As a result of the changes to 5953, I've whipped up an RFC editor note. 
  Please review the following and let me know if this is all right:

RFC Editor Note

   Please note the original "plan" was to progress RFC 5953 from
   PS to DS as.  During IETF LC there were two changes that were
   identified, so that plan is out the window.  Please incorporate
   the following in to the published version:

1) Add the following in the boilerplate header:

   Obsoletes: 5953 (once approved)

2) Section 7

   OLD:

   A hostname is always in US-ASCII (as per [RFC1033]);
   internationalized hostnames are encoded in US-ASCII as domain
   names after transformation via the ToASCII operation specified
   in [RFC3490].  The ToASCII operation MUST be performed with the
   UseSTD3ASCIIRules flag set.  The hostname is followed by a
   colon ':' (US-ASCII character 0x3A) and a decimal port number
   in US-ASCII.  The name SHOULD be fully qualified whenever
   possible.

   NEW:

   A hostname is always in US-ASCII (as per [RFC1123]);
   internationalized hostnames are encoded as A-labels as specified
   in [RFC5890].  The hostname is followed by a
   colon ':' (US-ASCII character 0x3A) and a decimal port number
   in US-ASCII.  The name SHOULD be fully qualified whenever
   possible.

3) Section 12

   Replace references to RFC 1033 and RFC 3490 with references
   to RFC 1123 and RFC 5890, respectively.

4) Incorporate the following errata:

4a) Section A.1

   OLD

     snmpTargetParamsRowStatus = 4 (createAndGo0

   NEW:

     snmpTargetParamsRowStatus = 4 (createAndGo)

4b) Section A.1

   OLD:

     snmpTargetAddrColumnStatus = 4 (createAndGo)

   NEW:

     snmpTargetAddrRowStatus    = 4 (createAndGo)

5) Add the following new section to highlight these changes:

   1.2 Changes Since RFC 5953

     This document obsoletes [RFC5953].

     Since the publication of RFC 5953, a few editorial errata have
     been noted.  These errata are posted on the RFC Editor web site.
     These errors have been corrected in this document.

     This document updates the references to RFC 3490 (IDNA 2003) to
     to RFC 5890 (IDNA 2008), because RFC 3490 was obsoleted by RFC
     5890.

     References to RFC 1033 were replaced with references to RFC 1123.

6) Section 12

   Add RFC 5953 as an informative reference.

spt

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 12:09:36 +0200

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 11:21:21AM -0400, Sean Turner wrote:
> As a result of the changes to 5953, I've whipped up an RFC editor
> note.  Please review the following and let me know if this is all
> right:

[...]

Looks good to me.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 09:23:22 -0700

>>>>> On Sun, 08 May 2011 11:21:21 -0400, Sean Turner <[email-masked]> said:

ST> As a result of the changes to 5953, I've whipped up an RFC editor
ST> note. Please review the following and let me know if this is all
ST> right:

Looks great to me, thanks for writing it up!
-- 
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions