Subject: [its] "Hangout" about automotive Linux networking on Tuesday 4/2

From: Alison Chaiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:33:14 -0700

On Tuesday 4/2 at 10 AM PDT (GMT-7), Savari Networks CEO Ravi Puvvala
and I will present a Google+ Hangout on the topic "Embedded Linux
Takes on the Hard Problems of Automotive," which is about 802.11p,
DSRC/IEEE1609 and automotive intranet based on standards like FlexRay,
EthernetAV, CAN etc.   Here are the details:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cqj3grb8sm4tgsugjjvdc01e8mc

I'm not sure if you can attend without having a gmail address; if not,
I apologize.    Actually I apologize in general as the Hangout is my
manglement's idea.

Here are slides whose first half I will run through quickly:
http://she-devel.com/Chaiken_ELC_2013.pdf

Video of previous presentation by Ravi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDqn3WwR_jI&feature=youtu.be

Ravi's previous slides:
http://files.meetup.com/2623882/savari-v2x-svaosm-sep2012.pdf

Please, if you are so inclined, show up and tell us we're all wrong!
 We hope to have lots of questions and comments throughout the talk,
as a live event is worthless otherwise.

-- 
Alison Chaiken                           [email-masked]
650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com,
exerciseforthereader.org}
Access is more important than ownership.   -- Joe Gebbia, AirBnB

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:53:07 +0100

Thanks for having posted this invitation here.

I have looked at the slides http://she-devel.com/Chaiken_ELC_2013.pdf 
and in particular slide 17 "Vehicles are networks of networks" shows a 
scenario of vehicle-to-bus-to-infrastructure communications.

This is pertinent to some Internet Drafts that have been discussed by 
IETF participants.

Alex