Subject: [its] Updated draft Charter proposal after Orlando

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:39:28 +0100

Dears,

In Orlando we discussed with several participants, and we further
improved the draft Charter proposal.  See attached the Charter proposal
frozen after Orlando.

Most notably it contains security aspects, and re-formulation of certain
paragraphs to look more like a Charter rather than requirements for a
particular design.

The multiple-interfaces discussion is not much reflected because I
couldnt yet frame my mind clearly around it.  This is still open.

The n-hop routing protocols MANET - is reflected a bit in the Charter
Proposal, but it is also still open.

The overall discussion is open to update this proposal in the period
from now until Berlin.

Yours,

Alex

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 23:01:29 +0100

Hi Alex

IMO, the charter is representing well the ITS, and I think we need
input from some related ADs or WG chairs, because this WG may involve
cross-section with other IETF-work or other OSD-work (as mentioned in
charter).

If there are discussions will be done at other lists related to this
charter please inform this list by reference, so we can focus the
discussion for progress of this WG.

AB

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 03:52:10 +0100

Le 17/03/2013 23:01, Abdussalam Baryun a écrit :
> input from some related ADs or WG chairs, because this WG may
> involve cross-section with other IETF-work or other OSD-work (as
> mentioned in charter).

ADs and several WG Chairs follow this list.

We need to further trim down the Charter, as it's quite comprehensive
right now.

> discussion for progress of this WG.

All issues about this Charter proposal would need to be now discussed
here on this email list its.

Alex

>> improved the draft Charter proposal.  See attached the Charter
>> proposal frozen after Orlando.
>>
>> Most notably it contains security aspects, and re-formulation of
>> certain paragraphs to look more like a Charter rather than
>> requirements for a particular design.
>>
>> The n-hop routing protocols MANET - is reflected a bit in the
>> Charter Proposal, but it is also still open.
>>
>> The overall discussion is open to update this proposal in the
>> period from now until Berlin.
>>
>> Yours,
>>
>> Alex
>>
>
>