Subject: [its] an authoritative article on "IP and Ethernet in motor vehicles" in _EE Times_

From: Alison Chaiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:39:07 -0700

http://www.eetimes.com/General/PrintView/4412977

-- 
Alison Chaiken                           [email-masked]
650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com,
exerciseforthereader.org}
The intermediary between the head and the hands must be the heart.
-- Thea von Harbou

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 20:22:15 +0200

This is a good article.

Currently, my advice for Ethernet deployers inside vehicle ranges
between two extremes:

- deploy the most recent desktop Ethernet technology - 10Gb/s(?); this
   will address all bandwidth qos and reservation problems that may
   occur.  When bandwidth is enough, there is no lost message.
- deploy only qos-specific ethernet..

These are two different directions.

But the deployers very easily go ahead and test what's the easiest and
most convenient to do.

Alex