Subject: Re: [its] ITS-IETF and GENIVI

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 20:14:39 +0200

Alison,

I met Intel about IVI at some point.  Since then we use extensively an
older IVI platform for demonstrating integration with smartphones in a
vehicle, and even the use of OpenFlow.

Yes, please make contact with these groups and try to formalize
relationship with IETF.

Ask GENIVI and Tizen whether their linux implementation includes direct
IPv6 vehicle-to-vehicle communications. (or even V2V2I).

Alex

Le 30/04/2013 20:13, Alison Chaiken a écrit :
> My employer is part of the GENIVI automotive industry consortium
> that is promoting Linux standards.    You can view some of GENIVI's
> existing efforts here:
>
> http://projects.genivi.org/
>
> GENIVI has something like 170 members, including most major car
> manufacturers and represents, alongside Tizen-IVI, the most
> important effort to standardize automotive software.     To date,
> GENIVI's networking discussions have mostly centered on car intranets
> with AUTOSAR and EthernetAVB and the like, but inevitably, as GENIVI
> partners with W3C, discussions will turn to V2X as well.     I hope
> that GENIVI and Tizen-IVI will cooperate with ITS-IETF in the
> future. Is anyone besides me from these projects reading this email
> list?
>
> My own participation in the GENIVI Networking Expert Group has been
> limited by the fact that the meetings are held in the middle of the
> night in my timezone.     It would be great if someone who lives in
> Central European Time would participate in the meetings!
>
> Please let me know if ITS-IETF would like to make contact with these
> groups as it formalizes its own status within IETF.   No one from
> GENIVI or Tizen has deputized me to inquire; I just think it's a
> good idea!
>
> Best wishes, Alison
>