Subject: [geonet/its] Fwd: NOMCOM - Community Feedback - Consultation and Reminder

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:18:45 +0100

NomCom is a committee within IETF selecting candidates for top
positions: Area Director, member of Internet Architecture Board, Trust.

They rely extensively on private feedback from IETFers.  Everybody can
offer comments, just get an account.

This is a good exercise to at least learn the who's who at IETF, and
relationship to our geonet BoF.  (in case of doubt just ask).  It is
also an opportunity to feed back opinions on various people - a delicate
task otherwise.

Alex

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: NOMCOM - Community Feedback - Consultation and Reminder
Date : Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:48:15 -0800
De : NomCom Chair 2013 <[email-masked]>
Répondre à : <[email-masked]>
Pour : IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Copie à : <[email-masked]>

The 2013 Nomcom's period for community feedback continues through
November 18.

The Nomcom members have determined that it might increase community
feedback for us to send out a solicitation email to a variety of mailing
lists
that contains the names of the willing nominees.

In the morning of November 15, we intend to send out a final reminder for
feedback to the community that encourages more feedback by giving people
an immediate view of the RFC 5680 Open List of the Willing Nominees.

RFC 5680, Open Disclosure of Willing Nominees, which we are following
this year, does not exclude this method of disclosure - the Nomcom is
given discretion for how to obtain sufficient feedback.

If there are any of the nominees who are disclosed already
at https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/feedback/ who would prefer
that their names not be included in archived email requests for feedback
(for any reason), please send a note ASAP to [email-masked].

We will of course continue to require that all of your feedback
be submitted through the password-protected and encrypted
Nomcom site (feedback URL given below).  All of your feedback
to the Nomcom is absolutely confidential.

REMINDER to those of you ready to comment right now, we are very
eager for your detailed, specific and concrete feedback on nominees,
and/or on multiple nominees per area, at

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/feedback/

You need not wait until the final reminder :-)

Finally, here is the (frequently asked about) site for creating a
datatracker account or resetting your password on an existing
datatracker  account - you will need this account in order to
submit feedback.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/

And many thanks to those of you have already commented and all who
have contributed their time to ensure that the Nomcom does the best
possible job.

Allison for the Nomcom