Subject: [its] U.S. Dept. of Transportation Connected Vehicle Webinar series starts 11/6

From: Alison Chaiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 07:40:27 -0800

More information and to register: (the link does work, but MeetUp
abbreviated the URL)
http://www.pcb.its.dot.gov/webinars_cvria.aspx
.
Cost: Free

Overview
Join the USDOT and the Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation
Architecture (CVRIA) team for a seven-part webinar series to learn
about and provide comments on the first draft of the connected vehicle
architecture views. The objective of these webinars is to gather
feedback on the views before launching analysis that will identify
candidate interfaces for standardization. The CVRIA team will present
two or three representative views per session. The session will also
include a short discussion about the interface analysis and candidate
standards process; and a brief discussion of the policy analysis
results to date.

Webinar Sessions
Each webinar will walk through pre-determined connected vehicle
applications and will review the application itself, as well as
policies and standards that may affect it.

1. V2I Safety Applications (Red light Violation Warning, Curve Speed
Warning, Intelligent Network Flow Optimization App) - Wednesday,
November 6, 2013; 2pm-4:30pm EST

2. Signal Applications (Intelligent Traffic Signal System, Emergency
Vehicle Priority, ECO Approach and Departure) -Thursday, November 14,
2013; 2pm-4:30pm EST

3. Road Weather (Weather Responsive Traffic Management, Enhanced
Maintenance Decision Support) - Tuesday, November 19, 2013; 2pm-4:00pm
EST

4. Trucks (Smart Roadside Initiative, Freight Advanced Traveler
Information Systems) - Tuesday, November 26, 2013; 2pm-4pm EST

5. Support Applications (Data Distribution, Communications Support,
Core Authorization) - Tuesday, December 3, 2013; 2pm-4:30pm EST

6. Transit Applications (Pedestrian and Turning Vehicle Crash Warning,
Integrated Multi-modal Payment) - Tuesday, December 10, 2013; 2pm-4pm
EST

7. R.E.S.C.U.M.E (Incident Scene Pre-Arrival Staging Guidance for
Emergency Responders, Incident Scene Work Zone Alerts for Drivers and
Workers) -Tuesday, December 17, 2013; 1:30pm-3:30pm EST

-- 
Alison Chaiken                           [email-masked]
650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com,
exerciseforthereader.org}
It's a bug that cars were invented before computers.    -- Eric Schmidt