Subject: [geonet/its] Request for feedback on the Charter proposal: communication models

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:19:48 +0100

Hello geonetters,

Please provide feedback about the Charter proposal:
https://github.com/MelindaShore/geonet/blob/master/charterproposal.txt

In particular, we need to clarify the communication models.

Dissemination to a geographical area assumes a Source node in the 
Internet sending packets to receivers in a small area.

Goods tracking assumes a little bit the reverse.

Instrumented ambulance would be also reversely sending, but in yet 
another manner (from ambulance to hospitals, if I understand correctly).

Mobile RSU would be disseminating from one area to another area (not 
from Source to area).

Privacy-conditioned identification of originating area would be again 
different.

What do you think?

Alex

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 02:31:41 +0100

> In particular, we need to clarify the communication models.

I agree,

> Goods tracking assumes a little bit the reverse.

Why we separate them (dissemination and tracking)? they may happen in
the same time for same nodes and areas. So we need nodes that are
doing both tracking information and dissemination of other
information.

> Privacy-conditioned identification of originating area would be again

I think we need to add satellite router communication to be involved
in the geonet/its, because the Internet systems are usually on the
Earth but if there is a big problem on Earth in one area then the
Internet fails to communicate with that area, and only the Space can
make ITS work.

AB