Subject: [geonet/its] blocking points

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:58:09 +0200

Hello participants to geonet/its,

We are trying to understand what are the blocking points before moving 
on.  We stepped back for a moment, analyzing recent discussions.

We think currently there are three blocking points:

1. The re-use of DNS is pereceived as a blocking point; a possible way
    out is to propose a system-specific resolution mechanism, with a
    loose-coupling hook to DNS?

2. Forwarding/L3 packet processing based on geonet (rather than IP
    addresses) is a blocking point; the best we could expect is a
    overlay style mechanism à la multicast or Mobile IP, where a
    "gateway function" would be required?

3. Relationship to Geopriv WG may block because it suggests the
    functions we propose in geonet are maybe more adequate at
    application layer; maybe Geopriv may deliver an encoding-independent
    document which would enable consistence in the representation of
    geolocators and areas?

What do you think?

Alex