Subject: [geonet/its] Fwd: TR: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-03.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:50:34 +0200

For your information

Pour info

-----Message d'origine-----
De : I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de [email-masked]
Envoyé : lundi 6 juillet 2015 21:20
À : [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]
Objet : I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
  This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Next-Generation Vehicle-Initiated Emergency Calls
         Authors         : Randall Gellens
                           Brian Rosen
                           Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
    This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
    mechanisms to support the next generation of emergency calls placed
    by vehicles (automatically in the event of a crash or serious
    incident, or manually invoked by a vehicle occupant) and conveying
    vehicle, sensor, and location data related to the crash or incident.
    Such calls are often referred to as "Automatic Crash Notification"
    (ACN), or "Advanced Automatic Crash Notification" (AACN), even in the
    case of manual trigger.  The "Advanced" qualifier refers to the
    ability to carry a richer set of data.

    This document also registers a MIME Content Type and an Emergency
    Call Additional Data Block for the vehicle, sensor, and location data
    (often referred to as "crash data" even though there is not
    necessarily a crash).  An external specification for the data format,
    contents, and structure are referenced in this document.

    Profiling and simplifications of the general emergency call
    mechanism, as described in [RFC6443] and [RFC6881], are possible due
    to the nature of the functionality that is provided in vehicles such
    as the usage of Global Satellite Navigation System (GNSS).

    This document reuses the technical aspects of next-generation pan-
    European eCall (a mandated and standardized system for emergency
    calls by in-vehicle systems within Europe and other regions), as
    described in [I-D.ietf-ecrit-ecall].  However, this document
    specifies a different set of vehicle (crash) data, specifically, the
    Vehicle Emergency Data Set (VEDS) rather than the eCall Minimum Set
    of Data (MSD).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt