Subject: [its] Meeting Minutes: ITS Virtual BOF Session

From: Dapeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 00:32:22 +0800

Hello Russ and Carlos:

Thanks for chairing the virtual BOF meeting. Here is the meeting minutes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Meeting Minutes: ITS Virtual BOF Session*

1.  Time: Tuesday, May 31, 2016

10:00 am – 11:00 am  (Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) , 1 hour

Chairs:  Russ Housley, Carlos Pignataro

Attendees: 14; Russ Housley, Carlos Pignataro, Alexandre Petrescu, Dapeng
Liu, Arnaud Kaiser, Carsten Bormann, Dino Farinacci, Fred Templin,
Jong-Hyouk Lee, Michael Breuer, Mingpeng Qi, Sandra Cespedes, Thierry
Ernst, Yongjing Zhang

2. Russ Housley (Chair): Introduce the meeting agenda. This meeting will
focus on the charter text discussion, which will be sent to the AD.

2.1 Alexandre Petrescu presented “Finalizing charter text and deliverables”.

2.1.1 Charter text discussion

•       Latest charter version available at http
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/its/trac>:// <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/its/trac>
tools.ietf.org/wg/its/trac

•       The charter text was newly written; it begins with general
information of the background (V2Internet, V2V, V2I etc) and goes to very
specific work items.

•       Carlos: the 3rd paragraph, T2T is IRTF effort.

•       Fred: At the end of 3rd paragraph, it mentioned DMM working group,
also suggest to add “and other mobility solutions”.

•       Russ: By coordination with “other solutions” you mean co-existence?

•       Russ: At current stage, "not work on DTN(Delay-Tolerant Networking)
and ICN(Information-Centric Networking)" , might work on those in the
future.

2.1.2 Deliverables

•       3 deliverables, 2 informational documents and 1 standard track RFC:

•       General problem area RFC: explain what is ITS, V2V, V2I,
references, why IPv6 is used, relationship with other SDOs etc.

•       IPv6 over 802.11p RFC: “IPv6 over foo” document.

•       Problem statement RFC: problem statement, security consideration
and privacy considerations.

2.1.3 Timeline:

•       6 milestones, group 2 by 2. This is discussion on the list. The
plan is to present candidate drafts in Berlin meeting and in Nov, need to
form a team of people working on the draft. The timeline can be modified
based on discussion.

•       Dapeng Liu: Need a meeting in Berlin, suggest to change the wording
to “WG call to adopt..”.

•       Russ: It is clarified and understands the plan now. Not necessarily
to change.

2.1.4 Candidate drafts (Presented by Dapeng Liu)

•       Currently we have 4 candidate drafts, some of them has been
presented in last meeting. Open to other contributors and drafts.

•       Remember to submit before submission deadline for July meeting.

•       Sandra: Working on a document for work item 1.

•       Thierry: Will work on IPv6 over 802.11p..

3. Russ Housley (Chair): Discussion on who is willing to work on the drafts
and review the drafts.

•       Russ: Need to make sure there will be enough people willing to work
on the drafts. For the first item: several drafts could be merged?

•       Alex: Yes, several drafts could be merged and maybe publish new
drafts. Several other people also willing to work on other 2 items.

•       Russ: Anyone want to review the drafts?

•       Alex: There are 3 developers would like to review work item 2
drafts.

•       Dapeng Liu: Offline discussion with China Mobile, they have
interest to review and contribute. Dino says in the chat room that he would
like to review: “(Dino from chat room): I am going to read the drafts, so I
have requirements for solutions we can propose from the LISP working group”

•       Russ: How about the problem statement draft, anyone wants to review?

•       Dapeng Liu: Russ, you can review?

•       Russ Housley: Would like to review.

•       Alex: Arnaud would like to review. Two others in the chat room.

•       Mingpeng Qi (from chat room): I will review problem statement draft
and contribute some security considerations for the draft.

•       Thierry Ernst: I will also review the pb statements drafts. I take
the opportunity to say that other people from ISO TC204 will contribute
through the IETF - ISO liaison I'm responsible with.

4. IPv6 over 802.11p (Presented by Alex)

•       Introduction of IPv6 over 802.11p.

The meeting ended at 11:am Eastern Daylight Time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

------
Best Regards,
Dapeng Liu

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 08:08:29 +0900

Hi all,
I could not attend the last interim meeting due to some technical issue.

I am working on the list of academic papers for IP-based V2V and V2I with
Sandra Cespedes, Nabil Benamar, and Jérôme Härri.
This will be a good foundation for our charter work.

I am willing to work on item 1 and item 3 in our charter:
Item 1: General problem area RFC: explain what is ITS, V2V, V2I,
references, why IPv6 is used, relationship with other SDOs etc.
Item 3: Problem statement RFC: problem statement, security consideration
and privacy considerations.

Thanks and see you in Berlin.

Best Regards,
Paul

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 1:32 AM, Dapeng Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> •       Fred: At the end of 3rd paragraph, it mentioned DMM working
> group, also suggest to add “and other mobility solutions”.
>
> •       Russ: At current stage, "not work on DTN(Delay-Tolerant
> Networking) and ICN(Information-Centric Networking)" , might work on those
> in the future.
>
> 2.1.2 Deliverables
>
> •       Dapeng Liu: Need a meeting in Berlin, suggest to change the
> wording to “WG call to adopt..”.
>
> •       Russ: It is clarified and understands the plan now. Not
> necessarily to change.
>
> 3. Russ Housley (Chair): Discussion on who is willing to work on the
> drafts and review the drafts.
>
> •       Russ: Need to make sure there will be enough people willing to
> work on the drafts. For the first item: several drafts could be merged?
>
> •       Mingpeng Qi (from chat room): I will review problem statement
> draft and contribute some security considerations for the draft.
>
> •       Thierry Ernst: I will also review the pb statements drafts. I
> take the opportunity to say that other people from ISO TC204 will
> contribute through the IETF - ISO liaison I'm responsible with.
>
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>
>

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>