Subject: [its] Referencing IEEE 802.11p-2010 in drafts

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:42:35 +0200

I should point out to all I-D authors that IEEE 802.11p-2010 is 
obsolete.  It was part of the rollup that resulted in IEEE 802.11-2012.  
So procedurally it is incorrect to reference it any more.

I just checked, and although it has not been listed on the ieee802.org's 
'get 802' documents page for some years, the URL in the current drafts 
still works.  But to be technically correct, you need to reference 
appropriate sections in 802.11.  And even 802.11-2012 will soon be 
replaced by 802.11-2016.

Bob Moskowitz

---

From: Jong-Hyouk Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 20:46:52 +0900

Thx, noted.
--
Jong-Hyouk Lee, living somewhere between /dev/null and /dev/random
Protocol Engineering Lab., Sangmyung University

#email: [email-masked]
#webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/hurryon

> On Jul 21, 2016, at 8:42 PM, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I should point out to all I-D authors that IEEE 802.11p-2010 is obsolete.  It was part of the rollup that resulted in IEEE 802.11-2012.  So procedurally it is incorrect to reference it any more.
> 
> 
> I just checked, and although it has not been listed on the ieee802.org's 'get 802' documents page for some years, the URL in the current drafts still works.  But to be technically correct, you need to reference appropriate sections in 802.11.  And even 802.11-2012 will soon be replaced by 802.11-2016.
> 
> 
> Bob Moskowitz
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its