Subject: [ipwave] ND for wireless

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 20:58:48 +0200

Pascal,

You said during our discussion that ND for wireless is probably 
something needed.

Well, I tend to agree with some parts of this.

I do agree there is a need for IPv6-over-WiFi, and ND uses IPv6.  Such 
document can be written.  It should include the description of Ethernet 
Adaptation Layer that is currently described in the IPv6-over-OCB 
document.  If it existed, then the IPv6-over-OCB would be much shorter 
(remove EAL text) and would refer to it.  In this sense, there is a 
document in the 6MAN WG about IPv6-over-Ethernet 
draft-hinden-6man-rfc2464bis-02.

But I am not sure I agree with a document ND-for-wireless.

I am not aware of documents like ND-for-ATM, or ND-for-fiber, or similar.

At another point of discussion you mentioned that RFC 8505 is somehow 
requested by IEEE in all what it does about IPv6 on 802.11.

I would like to ask you to be more precise about 802.11 requesting RFC 
8505, thank you?  Some pointer to a document?

Alex