Subject: [ipwave] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-35.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 13:16:41 +0200

Hi IPWAVErs,

I just submitted the version -35 to address the intarea directorate 
review comments.  The intarea review is the same as iot directorate 
review.  This resolution addresses thus the two reviews.

This is the changelog of the -35.
- clarified a small apparent contradiction between two parts of text
   that use the old MAC-based IIDs (clarified by using qualifiers from
   each other: transition time, and ll addresses);
- sequenced closer the LL and Stateless Autoconf sections, instead of
   spacing them;
- shortened the paragraph of Opaque IIDs; moved the privacy risks of in-
   clear IIDs in the security section;
- removed a short phrase duplicating the idea of privacy risks;
- added third time a reference to the 802.11-2016 document;
- used 'the hidden terminal' text;
- updated the Terminology section with new BCP-14 text 'MUST' to include
   RFC8174.

There is no text change about ND and wireless.  That is a separate topic.

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-35.txt
Date : Mon, 8 Apr 2019 04:11:56 -0700
De : [email-masked]
Pour : Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>, 
Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>, Jong-Hyouk Lee 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-35.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Revision:	35
Title:		Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks operating 
in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)
Document date:	2019-04-08
Group:		ipwave
Pages:		42
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-35.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-35
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-35

Abstract:
    In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
    outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
    there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
    Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
    format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
    others.  This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
    802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
    similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
    Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat