Subject: [Lime] YANG modules dependencies tool: result for the LIME document

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:53:36 +0900

Dear all,

Looking at the LIME YANG models in:
draft-ietf-lime-yang-oam-model-07.txt 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-oam-model>
draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods-00.txt 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods>
draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-02.txt 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam>

During this week-end hackathon, Joe Clarke created a very useful visual 
tool.
http://yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-conn-oam&modules[]=ietf-connectionless-oam-methods&modules[]=ietf-connectionless-oam&recurse=0&rfcs=1

Some info on the tool. You can add all the YANG modules you want, you 
can select the level of recursion, you can move the bubbles around, you 
can move the mouse over a YANG module to display the draft name, etc. 
 From there, you can see the bottleneck, i.e. the YANG module that 
should get our prioritized attention (the one with black circle). RFCs 
are in red (and there is a flag to remove them), and drafts are in 
green. See all options under the "graph options" pull down menu.

After selecting the right option, the conclusions are in the attached 
picture.
Un-selecting the "include RFCs" button provides even a clearer view, 
when looking for bottlenecks:

schema-mount is being worked in netmod: 
draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount-03 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/>
ietf-network comes from draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-06 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo/>. 
Status: shepherd write-up is done
ietf-network-instance comes from draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-01 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model/>

Note: draft dependency comparisons can be found at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/lime/deps/svg/

Regards, Benoit