Subject: [lisp] Presentations on each draft at the meeting: what we're looking for

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:18:40 -0400

As you can see from our agenda, we're having a status presentation for
each of the drafts.

I realize this is a bit late, but I want to give people an idea of
what Darrel and I are trying to accomplish with these presentations.
We'd like to answer the following questions for each draft:

	1) where are we at with the technology - Stable? Clear?
	2) what work is remaining to do
	3) what review is needed to achieve broad consensus

It's my understanding that for some drafts, the bits on the wire are
relatively stable.  For these drafts our work will focus on finding
out what is unclear about the text, getting the necessary review from
the rest of the IETF, and moving things forward.

For other drafts, I'm told we have some active engineering work to do.

One of the primary goals of this first meeting will be to get on the
same page about this.  I suspect many participants will already know
this.  I certainly don't.  Also, one of the goals of forming a WG is
to get broader involvement in an engineering effort.  So, if we're
successful, I will not be the only new face at the meeting.

Darrel and I would definitely appreciate presentations early.  If you
can get us a version of the presentation by Monday morning, that will
help people prepare for the meeting.  However, I understand that this
is incredibly late notice for such a request.  We definitely do need
your presentations before you present so we can get them on the
website.