Subject: Re: [lisp] Charter for discussion at today's meeting

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:27:10 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>

A minor unclarity:

    > LISP maps the "global" portion of the identifier into a set of locators
    > that can reach the identified interface

That seems to imple the RLOCs reach the destination directly, not through
ETRs. So perhaps 'LISP maps the "global" portion of the identifier into a set
of locators for de-capsulation devices which can reach the identified
interface', or something like that?

	Noel

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:54:18 -0400

>>>>> "Noel" == Noel Chiappa <[email-masked]> writes:

    Noel> A minor unclarity:

    >> LISP maps the "global" portion of the identifier into a set of
    >> locators that can reach the identified interface

    Noel> That seems to imple the RLOCs reach the destination
    Noel> directly, not through ETRs. So perhaps 'LISP maps the
    Noel> "global" portion of the identifier into a set of locators
    Noel> for de-capsulation devices which can reach the identified
    Noel> interface', or something like that?

I think this is an improvement