Subject: [lisp] Chairs seeking nominations for WG secretary--respond by June 5

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:30:34 -0400

The chairs are seeking nominations for the position of LISP WG
secretary.  Self nominations are encouraged.

The WG secretary will:

1) Assist the chairs in running the mailing list.

2) Make sure that minutes of LISP meetings are produced in a timely
manner, either by producing them or finding volunteers and
coordinating the results.

3) Work with chairs and document authors to keep the LISP issue
tracker up to date, describing issues and their resolutions.

There is a large administrative component to this job.  However, this
job also is a great way to learn about LISP and Internet technology.
The secretary will be able to practice and build this understanding
through descriptions in the minutes and descriptions of issues and
their resolutions.  This job is an excellent way to become involved in
the community and to be part of successfully building a new Internet
technology.  This is also a great way to learn about and become
involved in the IETF process.

The secretary will be listed on the WG web page.

The secretary needs to plan to attend most LISP working group
meetings, needs to be interested in active participation in the
working group, and will need to become familiar with the LISP
documents and discussions.  Good communication and organizational
skills are critical to success.