Subject: Re: [lisp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-lisp-alt-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:20:57 -0400 (EDT)

> From: [email-masked]

    > "This document describes a method of building an alternative, logical
    > topology for managing Endpoint Identifier to Routing Locator mappings
    > using the Locator/ID Separation Protocol."

This strikes me as a non-optimal description of what LISP-ALT is. What it is
is a _mapping subsystem_ - but that's not all all obvious from this first
sentence. (The rest of the abstract is fine.)

How about something like:

  "This document describes a subsystem for providing Endpoint Identifier
  to Routing Locator mappings for the Locator/ID Separation Protocol.
  It does this by building an alternative, logical topology which is used
  for both announcing the availability of EID to RLOC mappings, and
  forwarding requests for those mappings to an entity which is authoritative
  for them."

Only slightly longer, but much more informative, I think.

	Noel

---

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:07:05 -0700

> Only slightly longer, but much more informative, I think.

Looks reasonable to me. I'll incorporate the revised text into the -02 draft.

	--Vince