Subject: Re: [lisp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-lisp-alt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:36:27 EDT

In einer eMail vom 28.05.2009 20:16:01 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

On Wed,  May 27, 2009 at 04:57:33AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>  A minor comment wrt alternative logical topology:
> 
> Newcomers  won't understand, why "alternative" is part of the name.While I
> prefer  to keep the name ALT, it wouldn't be bad to give some
>  explanation/excusion at the beginning.

"Alternative Logical Topology"  is used to distinguish the LISP+ALT
infrastructure from existing, BGP-based  global routing system.

I would think that the normative reference to  BGP-4 in the LISP+ALT 
document
should make it clear that familiarity with  the BGP-based global routing
system is a prerequisite for understanding  it.

Does the list believe that the document needs a more explicit  reference to
writings about the BGP-based global routing topology? Any  suggestions for 
an
appropriate URL beyond the BGP-4 protocol  spec?

--Vince

Really? I thought LISP/ALT were the alternative to LISP/CONS.
Heiner

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:04:39 -0700

Heiner,

> Really? I thought LISP/ALT were the alternative to LISP/CONS.

	LISP+ALT is just one of many designs that have been
	explored. In that sense its an alternative "design".

	Dave