Subject: [lisp] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-00

From: "Darrel Lewis (darlewis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:21:51 -0700

Submitted this new WG item today.  It is based on the
draft-lewis-lisp-interworking-02.txt

Future work expected to be reflected later versions this draft include:

-Clarifying edits based on comments received
-LISP Interworking in the Broadband NAT environments
-Evaluate PTR scaling (caching, hw implementation) implications
-Add Reference to lisp-multicast Interworking

(the above list was described at the SF WG/BOF meeting)

-Darrel

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:12 AM
To: Darrel Lewis (darlewis)
Cc: David Meyer (dmm); Dino Farinacci (dino); Vince Fuller (vaf)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-00.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Darrel Lewis and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-lisp-interworking
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Interworking LISP with IPv4 and IPv6
Creation_date:	 2009-05-26
WG ID:		 lisp
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
This document describes techniques for allowing sites running the
Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP [LISP]) to interoperate with
Internet sites not running LISP.  A fundamental property of LISP-
speaking sites is that they use Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs), rather than
traditional IP addresses, in the source and destination fields of all
traffic they emit or receive.  While EIDs are syntactically identical to
IP addresses, routes for them are not carried in the global routing
system so an interoperability mechanism is needed for non-LISP-speaking
sites to exchange traffic with LISP-speaking sites.
This document introduces two such mechanisms: the first uses a new
network element, the LISP Proxy Tunnel Router (PTR) (Section 5) to act
as a intermediate LISP Ingress Tunnel Router (ITR) for non-LISP-
speaking hosts while the second adds Network Address Translation
(NAT) functionality to LISP Ingress and LISP Egress Tunnel Routers
(xTRs) to substitute routable IP addresses for non-routable EIDs.

The IETF Secretariat.