Subject: Re: [lisp] Mobile LISP

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>

    > Well the LISP mobile node can do the Map-Request thing I mentioned as
    > well. That would be better because the stationary site only needs the
    > 32 state in it's ITRs only for the roaming LISP mobile nodes it is
    > talking to.
    > ... What I am saying is that the LISP mobile node can set the SMR-bit
    > in data packets returning to the stationary site that has cached the /16.

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding you, but doesn't this only work for cases where
the mobile node tries to send packets to the stationary site first?

Otherwise, if the stationary site goes to send packets to the mobile node, it
will send them to the fixed location the mobile node used to be at, no?

	Noel

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:36:38 -0700

> the mobile node tries to send packets to the stationary site first?

If the remote site and the LISP mobile at the home site is chit- 
chatting back and forth, the mobile node will continue to chit-chat so  
packets will be sent from the mobile node.

If no data was moving back and forth and a new TCP connection is being  
sent from the remote site to the LISP mobile node, then we have a  
problem because the SYN will follow the /16 map-cache entry Joel was  
referring to.

This is where the ETR has to get involved. But this is hard to solve  
and harder to implement. So let's chew on that for a while.

> will send them to the fixed location the mobile node used to be at,  

Right.

Dino

>
> 	Noel
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp