Subject: [lisp] Later Monday morning diffs

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:40:27 -0700

While talking with the chairs, the changes for this rev are:

(1) Add nonce back to the Map-Register to avoid replay attacks per  
Noel and Sam's comment.

(2) Add text indicating that only Map-Requests and PIM Join/Prune  
messages (for multicast) can be encapsulated in the new Encapsulated  
Control Messsage per Sam and Margaret's comment.

Diffs and spec attached.

Thanks,
Dino/Dave/Darrel/Vince

---

From: "Darrel Lewis (darlewis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:58:04 -0700

Speaking as WG Co-chair.

Dino I think you can go ahead and post -05 tomorrow  9/29 at the end of
the day PDT.  The chairs would like to thank you for taking the time to
include a historical change log in the latest version of the document. 

I'd also like to summarize what I understand to be the major substantive
changes to this document:

    o  Added section indicating that encapsulated Map-Requests must use
       destination UDP port 4342.

    o  Don't use AH in Map-Registers.  Put key-id, auth-length, and 
       auth-data in Map-Register payload.

Its my understanding that the details of this reflect the discussion
we've had this week.  If I've missed something and there are outstanding
issues please let me know, and if substantive we will address prior to
posting.  If there are still wording/detail differences of opinion (for
example, the discussion about a 'service interface') and the posting of
this should not be seen as the end of that discussion.  In fact, the
chairs welcome continued discussion so we can refine the -06 version of
this draft.

Thanks to the WG participants for their careful and detailed review of
the document to date.  

-Darrel

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Dino Farinacci (dino)
> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 11:40 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [lisp] Later Monday morning diffs
>