Subject: Re: [lisp] Proposed change to draft-ietf-lisp-05.txt

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:43:13 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>

    > Oh, right. Sorry. 

De nada. We all get confused sometimes - I got horribly confused about the
encapsulation stuff the other day! :-)

    > I'm not sure that I agree with setting aside this big block in the
    > message

Umm, it is a control message, sent once a minute (on average). Are a few blank
bytes there really an issue?

BTW, ever looked at the HTML in a typical web page these days? :-) Darn things
are completely enormous, filled with all sorts of lengthy JavaScript rubbish
to do all sorts of totally useless flashy effects that Web programmers
probably get paid enormous sums of money to add. Now _there_ is a _much_
bigger waste of space!

    > If we are setting aside this field for later use, though, it should be
    > labeled "reserved for later use", not "nonce".

This is an interim rough working draft - I'm sure we'll find lots of little
cleanup things to deal with before it stabilizes - if any of this text is
still around in anything like this form by then. So I think we can let this
sort of stuff slide until later?

	Noel