Subject: [lisp] Clarification on issue #16 Map versioning Discussion

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:13:56 +0200

Hi,

The current description of issue #16 Map Versioning Discussion is a  
bit misleading.

The current one is:

draft-iannone-lisp-mapping-versioning-00 proposes introducing a map  
versioning field into LISP. Dino proposes to include text in lisp-04  
that has been discussed with the authors of that draft. This issue  
tracks whether we have WG consensus to do that and if not may turn  
into an issue for the broder map versioning issues.

After the discussion on the mailinglist (also concerning the R-bit) I  
think that a more exact description would be:

New proposed one:

draft-iannone-lisp-mapping-versioning-00 proposes introducing the  
optional possibility for LISP header to transport map version numbers.  
Luigi will provide a new version of the draft which will include both  
discussion from the mailinglist as well as the discussion with all  
LISP developers. This means that all the details of the map versioning  
support will be detailed in the versioning draft and not in the main  
LISP specs.
After publication of the new map versioning draft, the WG will discuss  
its technical validity and how to proceed with the work.

Would be possible to change the description on the issue tracker?

Luigi