Subject: [lisp] #20: supporting SMR bit only in control plane

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:34:22 -0400

This change seems to make things simpler and doesn't remove any
functionality.  To actually get a map request and reply you're going
to need to use the control plane.  One additional packet to update a
mapping (instead of using a bit in a data plane packet) seems like not
too big of a change.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:38:51 -0400

We've seen seen support from Dino, Luigi and I.

Unless there are significant objections raised by Monday, 21, then we
have consensus for this change.

I'll note that I'm about 60 messages behind on the list now (most of
that over the weekend but some Friday) and so I may have missed
traffic on this.  I'm not going to have a lot of time to work on WG
stuff today so it will be a day or so before I catch up.

Sam Hartman
LISP co-chair