Subject: [lisp] We have converged on 64 bits!

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:17:59 -0700

Like many have said, it doesn't matter if the attack can happen or  
not. Making the change of the *control* nonce from 32-bits to 64-bits  
is an easy enough change.

I consulted with many of the advocates and opposers to the 64-bit  
nonce and we have converged on changing from 32 to 64.

I hope no one else has a problem with this action. I will post the Wed  
diff file in another email with the change to reflect this action.

Thanks,
Dino

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:02:41 -0400

Thanks, Dino!  This resolves my issue that has been using the subject  
"32-bit nonce in map request insufficient".  I don't think there has  
been an issue opened for it yet, but if it has been opened, this  
closes it, IMO.

Margaret

On Sep 9, 2009, at 7:17 PM, Dino Farinacci wrote:

> not. Making the change of the *control* nonce from 32-bits to 64- 
> bits is an easy enough change.
>
> I hope no one else has a problem with this action. I will post the  
> Wed diff file in another email with the change to reflect this action.
>
> Thanks,
> Dino
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp