Subject: [lisp] New Issues: Documents need disclaimers (see Charter)

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:14:04 -0400

I stuck a new issue into the middle of my last message to John, but  
I'm afraid the folks who enter issues will miss it, so here it is...

Our charter requires that our documents contain "accurate disclaimers  
about their limitations and not fully understood implications for  
Internet traffic."  The charter also says that LISP is "NOT  
RECOMMENDED for deployment beyond experimental situations at this  
stage."

So, we need to include a disclaimer in the LISP documents.  I'd  
suggest that we add a new section after section 1. in all of the WG  
documents, like this:

"2. Disclaimer

The LISP protocol and associated specifications are being published as  
Experimental RFCs, so that the Internet community can have concrete  
specification to experiment with LISP, and with the more general  
concept of how ID/Locator separation protocols can improve route  
scaling in the Internet.  LISP is NOT RECOMMENDED for deployment  
beyond experimental situations at this stage."

If we identify specific issues (such as security or operational  
issues) that would make it inadvisable to deploy list on an  
operational network in its published form, we can include those issues  
as additional paragraphs in this section.

Thoughts?

Margaret