Subject: [lisp] #2: changes to sha-1 and RFC 4302

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:34:55 -0400

In version 04, Dino proposes to move from RFC 2402 AH to RFC 4302 AH,
and to move from hmac-md5 to hmac-sha-1.

I don't object to this particularly, but I want to make it clear that
this doesn't come anywhere closing to addressing my issue #2.  I did
call out the use of MD5 and the old spec in issue #2.  These are areas
where everything else being equal, we probably could stick with MD5
and the old AH if we really wanted to.  We'd have to do a bit of
selling our position to the security area, but these are the things I
brought up that I least care about.

The areas that I feel most strongly about are the areas that I believe
Dino objects most to changing.  I understand I still owe the WG more
justification.

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:03:30 -0700

> Dino objects most to changing.  I understand I still owe the WG more

How do you know what I object to? I never told you.  ;-)

Dino