Subject: [lisp] #26: Overlapping Map prefixes in EID map cache

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 11:13:18 -0000

#26: Overlapping Map prefixes in EID map cache
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Reporter:  hartmans-ietf@…        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical              |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major                  |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                      |    Keywords:                 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Sam, Margaret, and Noel have claimed that handling of overlapping map
 prefixes is unclear in the spec.  In the resulting discussion it became
 obvious that first the WG needs to discuss to what extent overlapping
 prefixes should be supported.  Noel said:

     >> we should _first_ decide it we want to _allow_ overlapping
 mappings, or
     >> just outlaw them. Only if we decide to keep them would we need to
 go
     >> through and make them work right (which involves a number of
 things,
     >> not just the 'don't discard longer entries').

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/26>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues